Topics

Uniden MR8100 Scanner Experts?

RFI-EMI-GUY

I have always wanted one of these and now will soon be the owner of two of these units and seeking information.

I am looking for spare parts.
1) Big rectangular rubber plug for the RS232 port
2) The 90 degree clamp that secures the power and antenna cable at the bottom.
3) Mounting brackets
4) Speaker or Power cords. Really what I am seeking is who made the connectors for these so I can fix up original cables.
5) If you have a scrap radio or the parts please let me know.
6) Service manual. I wan to buy or borrow a copy.
Finally:
There used to be an MR8100 Yahoo Group. Sadly Yahoo torched it. Did someone make a repository?

Mike R

http://www.repeater-builder.com/uniden/mr8100/mr8100-index.html

May your day be filled with love and light

On Jun 8, 2020, at 5:52 PM, RFI-EMI-GUY <rhyolite@...> wrote:

I have always wanted one of these and now will soon be the owner of two of these units and seeking information.

I am looking for spare parts.
1) Big rectangular rubber plug for the RS232 port
2) The 90 degree clamp that secures the power and antenna cable at the bottom.
3) Mounting brackets
4) Speaker or Power cords. Really what I am seeking is who made the connectors for these so I can fix up original cables.
5) If you have a scrap radio or the parts please let me know.
6) Service manual. I wan to buy or borrow a copy.
Finally:
There used to be an MR8100 Yahoo Group. Sadly Yahoo torched it. Did someone make a repository?

Scott Heath

Hello!
I'm sorry I can't help you with your needs but I have an 8100 with the speaker it's it's a GREAT radio! You're going to love yours! Of course it's analog only but it sure scans quickly!! Please keep us updated on your findings with the 8100!!

 For pictures of my mobile station, go to this link:
                    and also see:
           http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2630240

    Scott Heath  (AF4KK)

RFI-EMI-GUY

Glad to see the MR8100 represented in your collection.
Like the artwork, who did it and how?
I would suggest you get a bigger vehicle like a Ford Expedition, but you would probably just fill it with 10 x the radios!