Topics

UNIDEN BC75XLT

Lloyd Leonard

Any suggestions for  roof antenna for my car ( preferably with a suction cup)

I have a UNIDEN BC75XLT

THANKS

Lloyd Leonard

Craig Scott

What frequencies are you trying to monitor, Lloyd?
Craig

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 11:42:32 AM EDT, Lloyd Leonard <lleonard1978@...> wrote:

Any suggestions for  roof antenna for my car ( preferably with a suction cup)

I have a UNIDEN BC75XLT

THANKS

Lloyd Leonard

Rich

it would help to know to what you want to listen. using a suction cup mount will severly limit your choices. for temporary antennas suggest you consider a mag mount.  if you’re concerned about damage some folks will use one or two layers of plastic wrap between the car body and the mag mount.  good, multi/all band mag mount antennas are not uncommon.

Bill Edwards

For broad coverage with an easily removeable antenna, you can't beat an 18" whip on a mag mount.

Doesn't have to be fancy. Just get 18" of wire sticking up in the air and you have a quarter wave antenna at 150 MHz which is also resonant at 450 and 750, and with enough range to dip down into the aircraft band and grab 850 MHz, too.

There are dual-band and tri-band antennas available as well, but they add extra length, reduce wind resistance, and don't necessarily perform any better *for receiving* than an 18" whip.
Bill E.

Adam J

Yeah i agree with that. Thats what i use on my 536.... works well....

Adam

Sent from Outlook Mobile