Turn off the display and things like that

Mike Height

Okay everybody so if I understand this correctly.If l Turn off the display and things like that I will get more battery life how from the soul packs.

Evan Platt

Which scanner? But honestly, the display is such a small power draw, I
doubt you'd notice a difference.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 1:47 PM Mike Height <heightmike13@...> wrote:

Okay everybody so if I understand this correctly.If l Turn off the display and things like that I will get more battery life how from the soul packs.

Joe M.

You're close. It is the backlight you are turning off (not the
display) but that is where a good bit of the power is consumed.

The other significant draw is the audio amplifier which is on while you are receiving.

And if you are talking about the SDS100 the RX chip draws a good bit.

Joe M.

On 6/22/2022 3:47 PM, Mike Height wrote:
Okay everybody so if I understand this correctly.If l Turn off the
display and things like that I will get more battery life how from the
soul packs.

Mike Height

Oh that's right . I'm sorry I forgot to mention which radio for the SDS 100  and while I'm taking up server time. You have been great thank you.