Topics

show your mobile antenna array

Joe M.

On 1/2/2020 8:59 PM, KA9QJG wrote:
Thanks Mark , Yes I know better at least I did not post the pictures
below LOL And Yes as a Scanner listener there is a Lot of Freqs and
Info in that Directory

Happy Scanning

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Don KA9QJG

Image result for funny ham radio vehicle antennas
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjrya35qObmAhWZWc0KHdN3AN4QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/379357968582500348/&psig=AOvVaw3c01AXwK_OQgWNF2Ht_btD&ust=1578102730439123>

*From:*main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] *On Behalf
Of *Mark Johnson
*Sent:* Thursday, January 02, 2020 5:20 PM
*To:* main@Uniden.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [Uniden] show your mobile antenna array

Don lives in Indiana - checking his call is easy. He runs several
amateur repeaters and appears to be very involved in emergency
communications.

While his setup may not function well in California sunshine, it
probably works well in Indiana.

The publication referenced as a "joke" can be purchased from the
government printing office:

https://bookstore.gpo.gov/products/national-interoperability-field-guide-version-161-june-2016

This version can also be downloaded:

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/National%20Interoperability%20Field%20Operations%20Guide%20v1%206%201.pdf
<https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/National%2520Interoperability%2520Field%2520Operations%2520Guide%2520v1%25206%25201.pdf>

It contains a fair amount of good radio information - no joke.

Nice setup, Don.

Mark Johnson

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 1:38 PM, Tom via Groups.Io

<tjgerard=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I think the joke is the pamphlet to the drivers right! Look close
“National Interoperability Guide.”

On Jan 2, 2020, at 1:48 AM, Donald Lambert via Groups.Io
<banjodhl=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

KA(QJG;

Interesting setup..

don/k0kuz

ZUT

Any and all communications herein are the sole property of the
email sender and originator. Any electronic intercept of this
communication constitutes a violation of 50 U.S.C. § 1861(b)(2)
of The Patriot Act. The use of this information in informal or
formal proceedings, charges, investigations or indictments is
strictly prohibited and rendered null and void if obtained
without a warrant."
-------------------------------

On Wednesday, January 1, 2020, 8:13:05 PM PST, KA9QJG
<ka9qjg@...> wrote:

Here are a view pictures of My Mobile installation I will add
a couple of Notes The SDS-100 Fits into a Mobile Mic holder
, Do not mount it close to the Vents the Heat and Cold will keep
the battery from charging properly Also I use a Motorola
Amplified Speaker No hiss because I can turn down the Viol on
the SDS-100 Sounds great and loud

Wishing Everyone a Happy , Safe and Healthy 2020 Happy Scanning

Don KA9QJG

Not sure the pics will show until I post the 4 ant in the
middle are for Direction Finding

PS And Yes I should know better than to mount Equipment on the
dash like this in case of an accident. It is secured with very
heavy industrial type Velcro..

Donald Lambert <banjodhl@...>

Mark;

Agreed, thanks for your post to all.

Needed to be said.

On Jan 2, 2020, at 1:48 AM, Donald Lambert via Groups.Io <banjodhl@...> wrote:

[...]

<image001.png>

<image002.png>

<image003.png>

<image001.png>
<image002.png>
<image003.png>

Donald Lambert <banjodhl@...>

Don (KA9QJG);

Interesting pic.

<tjgerard@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard Arland <k7sz@...>

Mark:

Just tried the download URL and it apparently is broken. Thought I'd let you know.

Vy 73
Rich K7SZ

Mark Johnson

Rich:

My bad. I edited a Google search result and mangled the escaped characters in the URL.

Try this for a direct download:

It's also linked to from this page (with some other potentially interesting docs):

Mark J.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 10:32 PM, Richard Arland
<k7sz@...> wrote:
Mark:

Just tried the download URL and it apparently is broken. Thought I'd let you know.

Vy 73
Rich K7SZ

Lionel Bryson

Now, which mic .....?