Sentinel and .NET Framework 2.0

Judy Olson

Hi,
I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

Joe M.

2.0? I thought it installed 3.5.

Sentinel was last updated when the digital
upgrades were released (a couple years ago).

Joe M.

On 8/29/2020 1:58 PM, Judy Olson via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET
Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found
instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

AVG logo <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

azpowells

Joe. What is the latest version number ?Thanks. Be Safe.

Wayne Powell

On 8/29/2020 11:13 AM, Joe M. wrote:
2.0? I thought it installed 3.5.

Sentinel was last updated when the digital
upgrades were released (a couple years ago).

Joe M.

On 8/29/2020 1:58 PM, Judy Olson via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET
Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found
instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

AVG logo <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Ray

Judy follow these instructions from the below link…

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10

I have had to do this a few times when my computer crashed..

Thomas

.

I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

rob can yah

i use it on windows 10. no issues

On Aug 29, 2020, at 2:14 PM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

2.0? I thought it installed 3.5.

Sentinel was last updated when the digital
upgrades were released (a couple years ago).

Joe M.

On 8/29/2020 1:58 PM, Judy Olson via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET
Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found
instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

AVG logo <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

Of .NET or of Sentinel?

.NET doesn't follow the conventional version numbering. For example you can have 3.5 and 4 installed on the same PC. They are completely separate programs.

Joe M.

On 8/29/2020 3:51 PM, azpowells wrote:
Joe. What is the latest version number ?Thanks. Be Safe.

Wayne Powell

On 8/29/2020 11:13 AM, Joe M. wrote:
2.0? I thought it installed 3.5.

Sentinel was last updated when the digital
upgrades were released (a couple years ago).

Joe M.

On 8/29/2020 1:58 PM, Judy Olson via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET
Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found
instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

AVG logo <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Bob Turner

Sentinel was last updated when the digital upgrades were released (a couple years ago).

Joe M.

On 8/29/2020 1:58 PM, Judy Olson via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET
Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found
instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

AVG logo <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/internet-security>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

azpowells

Sorry. Sentinel .

 Wayne P.

On 8/29/2020 4:57 PM, Joe M. wrote:
[...]

Maggie O'Connor

Hi Judy, there should not be any problem at all installing the older versions of .Net Framework.  Lots of software still requires it.
- Maggie

Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 1:58 PM

Hi,
I tried to install Sentinel on my new desktop computer. It wants .NET Framework 2.0, old technology.
First question: is Sentinel still regularly updating?
Next, can I mess up my new computer installing outdated files? I found instructions on how to do it. Thanks all.

Joe M.

Assuming you mean x36/SDS Sentinel, Latest Version 2.02.01 (2019)

If you mean HP Sentinel, Latest Version 2.03.02 (2014)

Joe M.

On 8/29/2020 11:55 PM, azpowells wrote:
Sorry. Sentinel .

Wayne P.

On 8/29/2020 4:57 PM, Joe M. wrote:
[...]

Great. Thanks Joe. Be Safe.

Wayne Powell

On 8/29/2020 4:57 PM, Joe M. wrote:
[...]

Thanks all for the quick responses. I did install it. All is well. Judy

azpowells

Great to hear this. Stay Safe.

 Wayne P.