Topics

Recording

Kev Myles

What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using my computer? Thanks!

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 4:18 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using
my computer? Thanks!

Jim Walls

On 06/30/2020 13:18, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using my computer? Thanks!
There are lots of portable audio recorders that will take a line level input.  Sort of a mp3 player in reverse.

-------------------------------------
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc: 818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/
AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

Joe M.

Sorry for that. Hit SEND too soon.

Anything that records and has a line input can be used.

I guess technically if it only has a
mic you can use that to record, too.

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 4:37 PM, Joe M. wrote:

On 6/30/2020 4:18 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using
my computer? Thanks!

Walter Rymarczyk

If you’ve got $81, I like the Sangean DAR-101, it’s on Amazon and records to MP3 files on a thumbnail drive.  It has both mic and line level inputs.  It will only use SD thumbnail cards though, not HC or XC.
Walt

Walter Rymarczyk
2650 N Lakeview Ave #1407
Chicago, IL 60614

On 6/30/2020 4:37 PM, Joe M. wrote:

> On 6/30/2020 4:18 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
>> What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using
>> my computer? Thanks!

don robinson

I would use a digital voice recorder set on VOX, patched to the scanner's headphone output with an attenuating TRS cord  (to stop amplifier hiss). Olympus makes a few models that can run all day like that on one set of batteries. You don't get the benefit of visual read out, but you can save hours of audio to review later.

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 01:18:44 PM PDT, Kev Myles via groups.io <wkevinm@...> wrote:

What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using my computer? Thanks!

Joe M.

Why would you use the headphone output when a LINE OUT is available?
(assuming the unit is not mounted in a console)

Joe M.

<wkevinm=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:

What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using
my computer? Thanks!

Randy Hall

Hi

Freescan is good for programming your scanner and it will record a clip everytime it stops on a signal. It does require a Win PC running with a serial control cable (same as used for programming) and an audio connection to the PC. It works great, and it is FREE.

I usually leave it running 24/7 and every few days I clear out the audio files. Sure is handy to listen to what happened when the sirens are heard or someone says what happened  yesterday afternoon?

Randy, K7AGE

On 6/30/2020 4:37 PM, Joe M. wrote:

> On 6/30/2020 4:18 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
>> What can I use to record scanner activity on my BCD996P2 besides using
>> my computer? Thanks!

KA9QJG

Can  Anyone recommend a  recorder  that actually  records the date and time  and on playback it actually  shows  that I  have been recording someone jamming a PD freq  and I may  have to use that info in the investigation

Thanks

Everyone Please Stay Safe and Healthy

Don KA9QJG