From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "Rick NK7I via groups.io" <Rick.NK7I@...>
Date: Friday, June 3, 2022 at 1:51 PM
To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Group / PA STATE POLICE and now MD scanning.

There is always online 'scanning' with a bluetooth headset from the computer used...

Rick NK7I

On 6/3/2022 9:29 AM, Bob Stern via groups.io wrote:

I was devastated when I couldn’t listen to my local barracks anymore since They were my “local” PD.  I don’t  have digital scanners and since I recently moved to the Chesapeake Bay area of MD I am too far to listen in anyway.

Not much for to listen to here in Queen Annes County that I have found. I can hear occasional Sheriff or fire activity and scratchy marine broadcasts. I will be grateful for suggestions.

I removed the batteries from my scanners for fear of them leaking. I generally use rechargeable batteries. Not sure if they will leak but I want to be safe.

I have
BC 125
BC330 T
BC855 XLT
ICOM R2

No out door antennas and no longer have the ability to install same. I prefer the flexibility of scanning wherever I happen to be sitting. Others here don’t like the “noise.” 🙂

It gets worse since I only have Apple computers now and can’t use the software and connections for programming.

I can’t spend much on a modern scanner but am interested in what would work for me if I cough up the bucks and there is the possibility of interesting listening.

Be Well,

Bobby