I asked my third question

Mike Height

What do you think will be the time life on my cell pack it's a 3600 milliamp I mean how long do you think it's going to last on my SDS 100

Manlius

Hi Mike,  too many variables for anyone to guess. For example, what’s your display brightness?  How long do you have the display on after a transmission ends?  What’s your volume level?  Has your radio been modified with an internal gps?  Then there’s scanning parameters, someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure things like delay time, priority settings, number of talk groups being scanned can all have an impact on power consumption, not to mention the amount of activity happening, etc.

By the way, it would really help in understanding some of your (and other’s) posts if you could use a little more punctuation. When there’s no commas, periods or question marks, it gets hard to understand what you’re asking or saying.  That’s from a guy who probably over does it and who’s Mom was an English teacher!!🤪

Joe M.

Actually, none of "delay time, priority settings, number
of talk groups being scanned" have an impact on the power
consumption - at least not in any meaningful way.

The big ones are the others you mentioned along with
the level of activity on the channels you are scanning.

Joe M.

On 6/21/2022 7:26 AM, Manlius via groups.io wrote:
Hi Mike, too many variables for anyone to guess. For example, what’s
your display brightness? How long do you have the display on after a
transmission ends? What’s your volume level? Has your radio been
modified with an internal gps? Then there’s scanning parameters,
someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure things like
delay time, priority settings, number of talk groups being scanned can
all have an impact on power consumption, not to mention the amount of
activity happening, etc.

Manlius

Thanks Joe. I knew you would have the info on that. The last time I saw a post on power consumption was way back when the bigger battery was coming out. Appreciate your come back!

Bob

Fred Luft

Mike- My suggestion is to run your radio how you normally do but set the timer on your iPhone and see how long your scanner lasts.

On Jun 21, 2022, at 9:26 AM, Manlius via groups.io <bhakken@...> wrote:

Thanks Joe. I knew you would have the info on that. The last time I saw a post on power consumption was way back when the bigger battery was coming out. Appreciate your come back!

Bob

Mike Height

Everybody that's helped me on this question about the battery
Thank you

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022, 7:26 AM Manlius via groups.io <bhakken=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks Joe. I knew you would have the info on that. The last time I saw a post on power consumption was way back when the bigger battery was coming out. Appreciate your come back!

Bob

Dan Bowman

4-5 hours @ volume less than 8, even with the Display ON 100%, 3-4 Hours if an extremely busy System and you routinely keep the Volume Up higher.

What do you think will be the time life on my cell pack it's a 3600 milliamp I mean how long do you think it's going to last on my SDS 100

_._,_._,_

James F. Boehner, MD

I believe you are talking about the SDS-100.

The only real way to test the system is to time the discharge of your battery with your location and circumstances.  Some systems are busier than others.

From what I remember and my original testing, the original SDS-100 battery was 3600 mAH and had a run time of 4 hours.  That was considered inadequate by the community, and Uniden then produced a 5400 mAH battery that had a run time of 8 hours.  I believe Uniden sent one of those 5400 mAH batteries and a corresponding larger battery cover to me at no charge since I was an early adopter of the radio.

Hope this helps.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ