From: "Mike Height"
To: Uniden@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2022 09:17:23 AM
Subject: [Uniden] How old does a computer speaker work on a handheld

--

Mike Height

Thank you very much I can probably get a Motorola speaker or a speaker at the flea market at the ham flea market that's great advice and again thank you very much.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022, 8:34 AM Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

Will it work, yes but you probably won't be happy with it. Although not real high fidelity speakers, they will pass the very low frequencies more than you would want. For probably most of the scanners they don't filter out the "sub-audible" tones so you will hear most of them. After all, you are going to be listening to voice, so you only care about the voice range, and since it is two-way radio, you don't need the high frequencies either. Spend your money on a Motorola mobile speaker. They are very efficient and work well for the two-radio voice range. I'm sure that Motorola went to a lot of work and expense to use a good quality speaker.

Mick