Home Patrol 2

harvey morse

I have a MAC so there are issues with programing and updating my HP2. Is there a simple way that I can have my hometown come up when I turn the unit on, without having to watch all the scanning, then attempt to push my city as it whizzes by?

Thanks!

Harvey

K1DJG

Joe M.

The easiest way would be to create a Favorites
List and turn off the full database.

Joe M.

On 5/31/2022 8:58 AM, harvey morse wrote:
I have a MAC so there are issues with programing and updating my HP2. Is
there a simple way that I can have my hometown come up when I turn the
unit on, without having to watch all the scanning, then attempt to push
my city as it whizzes by?

Thanks!

Harvey

K1DJG

harvey morse

Can that be done on the HP2 itself?

Thanks,

Harvey

K1DJG

Dennis Falk

May 31, 2022 5:58:28 AM harvey morse <harvey@...>:

I have a MAC so there are issues with programing and updating my HP2. Is there a simple way that I can have my hometown come up when I turn the unit on, without having to watch all the scanning, then attempt to push my city as it whizzes by?

Thanks!

Harvey

K1DJG

I don't have my HP2 next to me, ATM, but in the settings menu, set your current zip code, then set your range on the main screen out to whatever you desire, up to 30 miles. This will whittle the database scanning down to most local services. From there, you could create a favourites list to include just the services you want to follow. The HP2, for as old as it is now, is still a powerful, formidable scanner, and one I've absolutely no regrets ever buying. :)

As for updating on a Mac, I think there's a workaround, beyond using a Windows emulator to run the HP Sentinel software, but I'm not sure.

d.m.f.

Joe M.

On 5/31/2022 11:36 AM, harvey morse wrote:
Can that be done on the HP2 itself?

*Thanks,*

Harvey

K1DJG

harvey morse

Thanks everyone for your help! Much appreciated.

Harvey

K1DJG

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "Joe M. via groups.io" <mch@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 12:03 PM
To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Home Patrol 2

Yes. Detailed instructions:

Joe M.

On 5/31/2022 11:36 AM, harvey morse wrote:

Can that be done on the HP2 itself?

*Thanks,*

Harvey

K1DJG

Joel Kahn

Harvey

If you cannot program by computer the only (cumbersome) method I can think of is to press the top bar , lockout that system and press advance to do the same with all systems you do not want to listen to.  You only need to do this once, unless you update the database, which can only be done via computer and Sentinel.

Maybe somebody local has Sentinel on his computer and would program the favorites on your chip for you.

Joel R Kahn

On Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:58:15 AM EDT, harvey morse <harvey@...> wrote:

I have a MAC so there are issues with programing and updating my HP2. Is there a simple way that I can have my hometown come up when I turn the unit on, without having to watch all the scanning, then attempt to push my city as it whizzes by?

Thanks!

Harvey

K1DJG

harvey morse

That sounds like it is worth a try! I only want to monitor one County and the cities within.

Thanks,

Harvey

K1DJG