Hi everybody let me introduce myself

Paul Smith <newsbirds@...>

Hi everybody my name is Paul Smith and I am 66 years old I've been listening to scanners since I was I think about 20 at KGO television I was an intern and I also work for kron and kpix for the last 20 years I've worked for a very small local newspaper and I own I think around 30 scanners portables and handhelds I prefer the handhelds because I had to evacuate my residence One Time because of a gas leak so I just grabbed my handhelds in a carrying case and I was out the door I think I have about 15 of those because my area is mostly encrypted the PD I listen to many other things which I would like to start a conversation on and there are some really interesting things that you can monitor if you live in an area that the PD are encrypted first of all I find a general rule of thumb is the fire is open and not encrypted so any major emergency you can hear another thing I monitor which is really good are the news media helicopters now most of the reporters now have cell phones but the helicopters still have the old 450 radios and they use them they're only dispatched when something big is up which is great because then I can watch them they're overhead shots on the evening news there are some interesting aviation and air channels fingers is great which is 123.45 happened to have three airports in my area so I catch conversations between the pilots commercial pilots on the flight routes on fingers I listen to the command post at Travis Air Force Base and reach medical dispatch I have to stop talking because I'll talk forever sorry if anybody has any questions about any of this stuff that they can listen to drop me an email here and have a great day

Evan Platt

Is your name Paul Smith? Or Mike Haight? Or Richard Heightchew? Why
the constant name changing and pretending to be a new person each
time?

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 10:27 PM Paul Smith <newsbirds@...> wrote:

[...]

Forrest

Gee, we’ve been down this same name-changing road before. I forget what the explanation was last time, but these names are very familiar to me.

Forrest

On Jun 3, 2022, at 2:20 PM, Evan Platt <evan@...> wrote:

[...]

Changing your 'mail' name is one thing - ie going from CessnaPilot2772
at gmail to trainspotter3326 @ gmail is one thing. Going from "Hi, my
name is <A>" to "Hi, my name is <B>" is another.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 2:10 PM Forrest <fj@...> wrote:

[...]

And now he's started again with the "This list has been hacked". If
anyone gets a message from him telling you the list has been hacked,
ignore it.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 2:19 PM Evan Platt via groups.io
<evan@...> wrote:

[...]

Joe M.

Let's get back to on-topic messages. Paul Smith will no longer have to worry about their email being harvested from this list - or whatever claim he is making. Isn't it odd his is the only one? I think his PC may be hacked. Therefore the list will not be subject to that breach.

List Moderator

Heads up - he said he'd be rejoining under another e-mail address / name :(

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 6:00 PM Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

Let's get back to on-topic messages. Paul Smith will no longer have to
worry about their email being harvested from this list - or whatever
claim he is making. Isn't it odd his is the only one? I think his PC may
be hacked. Therefore the list will not be subject to that breach.

List Moderator