FW: [Uniden] SDS100 Upgrades?

Scanner1143

Edward Maikranze,

I stated and as I stated ,

IF IT IS A HARRIS P25 PII DIGITAL PROVOICE THEY ARE ENCRYPTED.

Most all States, Counties and Cities are going to the Phase II digital scanners. For that reason. They can be encrypted at will.

But my statement was if it was a Harris Radio Phase II

I had and still do have a BCD996P2 that I updated myself with DMR and was able to receive the City of Mobile, Al

For a whole 5 weeks to they threw the switch and went to the Harris Radio System P25 Phase II Encrypted.

I’m not trying to step on you. I am only explain what happened to me and this area.

Thanks and be Sage,

Thomas

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "almarote via groups.io" <wa1lbg@...>
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 2:53 PM
To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>

You don’t need an upgrade for P25.  The three upgrades are DMR, NXDN and ProVoice.  My area has systems that use all three.  Some law enforcement and fire/rescue in my area use ProVoice.

al

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "Evan Platt via groups.io" <evan@...>
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM
To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>

There's a lot more than what's on RR..

DMR, NDXN and P25 that wasn't in RR.

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:13 AM David Serio <davidserio@...> wrote:

Look at Radio Reference for your area. See if there are systems that use DMR, etc that you want to listen to. If not, don't worry about them. You can always upgrade later if you find you want to listen to them.