FW: [Uniden] SDS100 Upgrades?

Scanner1143

Edward Maikranze,

I stated and as I stated ,

IF IT IS A HARRIS P25 PII DIGITAL PROVOICE THEY ARE ENCRYPTED.

Most all States, Counties and Cities are going to the Phase II digital scanners. For that reason. They can be encrypted at will.

But my statement was if it was a Harris Radio Phase II

I had and still do have a BCD996P2 that I updated myself with DMR and was able to receive the City of Mobile, Al

For a whole 5 weeks to they threw the switch and went to the Harris Radio System P25 Phase II Encrypted.

I’m not trying to step on you. I am only explain what happened to me and this area.

Thanks and be Sage,

Thomas

From: main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] On Behalf Of Edward Maikranz
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 3:42 PM
To: main@uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] SDS100 Upgrades?

ProVoice and encryption are not one in the same. 

Unencrypted ProVoice can be monitored in the Uniden scanners via an upgrade, just like DMR and NXDN

On May 11, 2020, at 3:22 PM, Scanner1143 <scanner1143@...> wrote:

If you are trying to listen to a Harris (name of the radio manufacture) ProVoice,

Then NO!

There is no Radio made that can decrypt it. It is Encrypted. “Unless the User of that system opens it up.”

For instance. Where I live is in Mobile County Alabama

At one time The City of Mobile had all its channels blocked by encryption.

They now have a few of those opened up so you can hear a little.

But within the County there are 7 other Cities that use the same system.

All of them are completely encrypted……….

Thomas

From: main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] On Behalf Of harvey morse
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 1:55 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io

But if you had the three upgrades, would you be able to monitor them with a zip code search?

K1DJG

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "almarote via groups.io" <wa1lbg@...>
Reply-To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 2:53 PM
To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>

You don’t need an upgrade for P25.  The three upgrades are DMR, NXDN and ProVoice.  My area has systems that use all three.  Some law enforcement and fire/rescue in my area use ProVoice.

al

From: main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] On Behalf Of harvey morse
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 2:26 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io

That link was very helpful! If I had those upgrades installed, and I selected my area by zip code on the SDS100, would systems operating in DMR, NDXN and P25 be automatically monitored or would additional programing be required to receive them?

Thanks, this has been a big help.

K1DJG

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "Evan Platt via groups.io" <evan@...>
Reply-To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM
To: "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>

There's a lot more than what's on RR..

DMR, NDXN and P25 that wasn't in RR.

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:13 AM David Serio <davidserio@...> wrote:

Look at Radio Reference for your area. See if there are systems that use DMR, etc that you want to listen to. If not, don't worry about them. You can always upgrade later if you find you want to listen to them.