Topics

Do you think this is a scam?

Paul Valeriani <rebelsun2000@...>
 

Anthony Saggio <saggioanthony@...>
 


Scam

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 10:01 AM, Paul Valeriani via groups.io
<rebelsun2000@...> wrote:

Jim Walls
 

On 06/04/2020 03:57, Paul Valeriani via groups.io wrote:

https://tracebushels.top/product/digital-relay-scanner/?fbclid=IwAR2OaUviONdHZlo4UazymYDoilcKEHk67s8gP9U5Hudz5rRbCh8RXPPd-Xw

The price is good....maybe too good!
As the old saying goes - if the deal is too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Way too good to be true.  The only way they could actually have scanners to sell, is if they are stolen.  Maybe someone hijacked a shipping container...
More likely, pure scam and you will never get anything for your money.

Run (don't walk) away from this one...

--
73
-------------------------------------
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc: 818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/
AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

Joe M.
 

Almost certainly.

Joe M.

Jan Fine
 

I ordered one 6 months ago. Never arrived. They even sent me a fake tracking number. Called my credit card company and got a refund. You can't but that radio anywhere for less than $699. And at that price it is hard to find. These SCAMS work off people that want free money. The more greedy you are the more they can SCAM you. Just look at how the Flim Flam works.

On 6/4/2020 10:03 AM, Anthony Saggio via groups.io wrote:

Scam

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 10:01 AM, Paul Valeriani via groups.io

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Don Woodward
 

Absolutely - this scanner cost in excess of $600 

Beware of a scam!

Don W.
KD4APP


From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?
 

Mr T
 

The actual Uniden has the logo and model number on the upper left front corner. This one not so much. 


From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:57 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?
 

John Etling
 

Well lets see… a $700 unit reduced to $99. I’m not getting involved with that. That is a unbelievable price. Keyword there: Unbelievable.

I wouldn’t go near that with a 10 foot pole.

 

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Valeriani via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 05:58
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

 

https://tracebushels.top/product/digital-relay-scanner/?fbclid=IwAR2OaUviONdHZlo4UazymYDoilcKEHk67s8gP9U5Hudz5rRbCh8RXPPd-Xw

 

The price is good....maybe too good!

Joe M.
 

Good catch! The main pic doesn't but the others do.

Joe M.

On 6/4/2020 10:22 AM, Mr T wrote:
The actual Uniden has the logo and model number on the upper left front
corner. This one not so much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Paul
Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000=yahoo.com@groups.io>
*Sent:* Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:57 AM
*To:* main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
*Subject:* [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

https://tracebushels.top/product/digital-relay-scanner/?fbclid=IwAR2OaUviONdHZlo4UazymYDoilcKEHk67s8gP9U5Hudz5rRbCh8RXPPd-Xw

The price is good....maybe too good!


<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free. www.avg.com
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>


<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Bernard Skoch
 

-----Original Message-----
From: John Etling <john@...>
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 4, 2020 9:21 am
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

Well lets see… a $700 unit reduced to $99. I’m not getting involved with that. That is a unbelievable price. Keyword there: Unbelievable.
I wouldn’t go near that with a 10 foot pole.
 
From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Valeriani via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 05:58
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?
 
 
The price is good....maybe too good!

Chris <cjfiremedicrn@...>
 

I've noticed some that actually do sale things cheap turn around and charge 100's of dollars for s & h and get u that way


On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 9:31, Don Woodward
<dbwoodw@...> wrote:
Absolutely - this scanner cost in excess of $600 

Beware of a scam!

Don W.
KD4APP


From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?
 

Rich
 

maybe???   well, one IS born every second.  of course it's a scam.  

Rich via iPad

On Jun 4, 2020, at 09:02, Paul Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000@...> wrote:

John Irvine
 

Someone - please go ahead and order one.  Let me know if it works (without a rip-off).

John Irvine
Concord, CA.


On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 07:47:05 AM PDT, Chris via groups.io <cjfiremedicrn@...> wrote:


I've noticed some that actually do sale things cheap turn around and charge 100's of dollars for s & h and get u that way


On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 9:31, Don Woodward
<dbwoodw@...> wrote:
Absolutely - this scanner cost in excess of $600 

Beware of a scam!

Don W.
KD4APP


From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?
 

Kevin Dilworth
 

MAJOR scam!!!

Kenneth Balduff
 

Check the BBB then report them.


On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 11:03 AM, John Irvine
<chasebiz@...> wrote:
Someone - please go ahead and order one.  Let me know if it works (without a rip-off).

John Irvine
Concord, CA.


On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 07:47:05 AM PDT, Chris via groups.io <cjfiremedicrn@...> wrote:


I've noticed some that actually do sale things cheap turn around and charge 100's of dollars for s & h and get u that way


On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 9:31, Don Woodward
<dbwoodw@...> wrote:
Absolutely - this scanner cost in excess of $600 

Beware of a scam!

Don W.
KD4APP


From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?
 

Joe Polcari
 

Thanks for that. Didn’t know about scamdoc.com

 

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "Bernard Skoch via groups.io" <k5xs@...>
Reply-To: <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 10:41 AM
To: "john@..." <john@...>, "main@Uniden.groups.io" <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

 

-----Original Message-----
From: John Etling <john@...>
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jun 4, 2020 9:21 am
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

Well lets see… a $700 unit reduced to $99. I’m not getting involved with that. That is a unbelievable price. Keyword there: Unbelievable.

I wouldn’t go near that with a 10 foot pole.

 

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Valeriani via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 05:58
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

 

 

The price is good....maybe too good!

Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA)
 

I think there has been plenty with this. Is my mailbox going to be full for the next week?

Mick

--

 

0

jeff
 

Of course it's a scam. All of us in the scanner hobby know darn well that a $800 radio selling for $99 is un heard of. I see it advertised on the uniden Facebook for the $99 scam. They're trying to scam the people who don't know any better. I'd like to see the SDS100 for $99. Hi hi. Lol.


Sent from Xfinity Connect Application


-----Original Message-----

From: chasebiz@...
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Sent: 2020-06-04 11:00:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

Someone - please go ahead and order one.  Let me know if it works (without a rip-off).

John Irvine
Concord, CA.


On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 07:47:05 AM PDT, Chris via groups.io <cjfiremedicrn@...> wrote:


I've noticed some that actually do sale things cheap turn around and charge 100's of dollars for s & h and get u that way


On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 9:31, Don Woodward
<dbwoodw@...> wrote:
Absolutely - this scanner cost in excess of $600 

Beware of a scam!

Don W.
KD4APP


From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Valeriani via groups.io <rebelsun2000@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?
 


Rich
 

mute the topic

Rich via iPad

On Jun 4, 2020, at 10:25, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:



I think there has been plenty with this. Is my mailbox going to be full for the next week?

Mick

--

 

0

Manlius
 

They should call themselves “The $99.00 Store”!!  Everything they “have” is $99.00!