Bluetooth for Unuden Scanners


John Marcel
 

Good Morning All,

I am looking for a Bluetooth setup that can pair between a BCD536 or an SDS100 and my ear buds. I have tried one item from Amazon with no luck. My hope is to utilize the earphone/speaker jack for the transmitting device. 

Does anyone have any advice on a successful product?

Thanks,
John M
Penacook, NH 


Joe M.
 

Which one did you try?

Joe M.

On 4/29/2022 7:58 AM, John Marcel wrote:
Good Morning All,

I am looking for a Bluetooth setup that can pair between a BCD536 or an
SDS100 and my ear buds. I have tried one item from Amazon with no luck.
My hope is to utilize the earphone/speaker jack for the transmitting
device.

Does anyone have any advice on a successful product?

Thanks,
John M
Penacook, NH


R. Keske
 

I use the TaoTronics one from amazon and it didn't like the headphone jack outlet, it made the scanner sound muffled and hard to understand. So I switched it to the
Ext. Speaker output and everything is great. You might give that a try if you haven't already.

Ray

On Friday, April 29, 2022, 07:07:59 AM CDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:


Which one did you try?

Joe M.

On 4/29/2022 7:58 AM, John Marcel wrote:
> Good Morning All,
>
> I am looking for a Bluetooth setup that can pair between a BCD536 or an
> SDS100 and my ear buds. I have tried one item from Amazon with no luck.
> My hope is to utilize the earphone/speaker jack for the transmitting
> device.
>
> Does anyone have any advice on a successful product?
>
> Thanks,
> John M
> Penacook, NH
>






Joe M.
 

I also got that one. It is OK, but not great. Also rather large compared to units I have had in the past. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a "Hagibis Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless aptX LL Audio 3.5mm" that was recommended by a comms guy.

<<https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B07MTFRKQM/ref=sr_1_2>>

Joe M.

On 4/29/2022 8:26 AM, R. Keske via groups.io wrote:
I use the TaoTronics one from amazon and it didn't like the headphone
jack outlet, it made the scanner sound muffled and hard to understand.
So I switched it to the
Ext. Speaker output and everything is great. You might give that a try
if you haven't already.

Ray

On Friday, April 29, 2022, 07:07:59 AM CDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:


Which one did you try?

Joe M.

On 4/29/2022 7:58 AM, John Marcel wrote:
> Good Morning All,
>
> I am looking for a Bluetooth setup that can pair between a BCD536 or an
> SDS100 and my ear buds. I have tried one item from Amazon with no luck.
> My hope is to utilize the earphone/speaker jack for the transmitting
> device.
>
> Does anyone have any advice on a successful product?
>
> Thanks,
> John M
> Penacook, NH
>






George Tasson <gtasson@...>
 

John, I did this years ago using a JABARA A-120 Bluetooth transmitter pared with a
JABARA BT8010 receiver. It wasn't cheap, but it did work. Haven't tried to pare the 
A-120 with ear buds, but I will give it a shot as soon as I have time to play around.


Hope this helps.

George KC9UIU

On Friday, April 29, 2022, 08:06:01 AM CDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:


I also got that one. It is OK, but not great. Also rather large compared
to units I have had in the past. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a
"Hagibis Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless aptX LL
Audio 3.5mm" that was recommended by a comms guy.

<<https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B07MTFRKQM/ref=sr_1_2>>

Joe M.

On 4/29/2022 8:26 AM, R. Keske via groups.io wrote:
> I use the TaoTronics one from amazon and it didn't like the headphone
> jack outlet, it made the scanner sound muffled and hard to understand.
> So I switched it to the
> Ext. Speaker output and everything is great. You might give that a try
> if you haven't already.
>
> Ray
>
> On Friday, April 29, 2022, 07:07:59 AM CDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
>
>
> Which one did you try?
>
> Joe M.
>
> On 4/29/2022 7:58 AM, John Marcel wrote:
>  > Good Morning All,
>  >
>  > I am looking for a Bluetooth setup that can pair between a BCD536 or an
>  > SDS100 and my ear buds. I have tried one item from Amazon with no luck.
>  > My hope is to utilize the earphone/speaker jack for the transmitting
>  > device.
>  >
>  > Does anyone have any advice on a successful product?
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  > John M
>  > Penacook, NH
>  >
>
>
>
>
>
>






Christopher Nelsen
 

Hi all, just a note on my experiences with separate blue tooth transmitters. I installed one on my tv in the exercise room so I could use Bluetooth head phones there. Got one from Amazon. Plugged it in to the earphone on the tv and had a lot of 60 cycle hum, distorted audio and very low volume. Long story short I used an impedance changing transformer to get the correct match between the two and eliminate the ground loop.(I forget what the actual values were, but it was low to high from the tv to the Bluetooth) Works great by just adding the audio impedance transformer. Just a couple bucks from Amazon, again. 

I would suspect you also have an impedance mismatch also John. I hope you get it figured out. Cordless Bluetooth is the way to go. 

Chris
WD9HIK






On Friday, April 29, 2022, 10:54 AM, George Tasson <gtasson@...> wrote:

John, I did this years ago using a JABARA A-120 Bluetooth transmitter pared with a
JABARA BT8010 receiver. It wasn't cheap, but it did work. Haven't tried to pare the 
A-120 with ear buds, but I will give it a shot as soon as I have time to play around.


Hope this helps.

George KC9UIU

On Friday, April 29, 2022, 08:06:01 AM CDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:


I also got that one. It is OK, but not great. Also rather large compared
to units I have had in the past. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a
"Hagibis Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless aptX LL
Audio 3.5mm" that was recommended by a comms guy.

<<https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B07MTFRKQM/ref=sr_1_2>>

Joe M.

On 4/29/2022 8:26 AM, R. Keske via groups.io wrote:
> I use the TaoTronics one from amazon and it didn't like the headphone
> jack outlet, it made the scanner sound muffled and hard to understand.
> So I switched it to the
> Ext. Speaker output and everything is great. You might give that a try
> if you haven't already.
>
> Ray
>
> On Friday, April 29, 2022, 07:07:59 AM CDT, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
>
>
> Which one did you try?
>
> Joe M.
>
> On 4/29/2022 7:58 AM, John Marcel wrote:
>  > Good Morning All,
>  >
>  > I am looking for a Bluetooth setup that can pair between a BCD536 or an
>  > SDS100 and my ear buds. I have tried one item from Amazon with no luck.
>  > My hope is to utilize the earphone/speaker jack for the transmitting
>  > device.
>  >
>  > Does anyone have any advice on a successful product?
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  > John M
>  > Penacook, NH
>  >
>
>
>
>
>
>






John Marcel
 

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I'm hoping to hear how the Hagibus works out as that about the right size I'm looking for.

Thanks again all,
John


Joe M.
 

Mine took a while to pair (would have been easier if I had not misplaced the instructions), but once paired it works great.

The online manual I found said the LED is green
(RX) or white (TX) but mine is green or blue.

I've had other models that had low audio,
but this one is good with my BT headset.

Joe M.

On 5/6/2022 5:41 PM, John Marcel wrote:
Thanks everybody for the feedback. I'm hoping to hear how the Hagibus
works out as that about the right size I'm looking for.

Thanks again all,
John