Topics

BCT15X Rear Remote Connector

Randy Hall

Hi

I would like to use the rear remote connector for FreeScan control of the scanner instead of using the tiny front connector.

Is this possible?  Or, is this connector just for GPS and/or remote panel?

Thanks

Randy, K7AGE

Joe M.

I'm pretty sure you can use it that way. The only thing
you cannot do from the rear port is firmware updates.

You will need a null modem cable or null
modem adapter to use the rear port.

Joe M.

On 7/2/2020 11:29 PM, Randy Hall wrote:
Hi

I would like to use the rear remote connector for FreeScan control of
the scanner instead of using the tiny front connector.

Is this possible? Or, is this connector just for GPS and/or remote panel?

Thanks

Randy, K7AGE

Randy Hall

I did get the rear connector to work.

I used a null modem adapter and let FreeScan auto scan the serial port. It worked with 4800 baud on the rear. I was using 115200 baud on the front port.

Seems to work fine.

Randy

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:51 AM Randy Hall via groups.io <listk7age=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi

I would like to use the rear remote connector for FreeScan control of the scanner instead of using the tiny front connector.

Is this possible?  Or, is this connector just for GPS and/or remote panel?

Thanks

Randy, K7AGE

Joe M.

Just change the speed of the rear port to 119200. Keep in
mind GPS will no longer work unless you set it back to 4800.

Joe M.

<http://groups.io> <listk7age=gmail.com@groups.io
<mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>> wrote:

Hi

I would like to use the rear remote connector for FreeScan control
of the scanner instead of using the tiny front connector.

Is this possible? Or, is this connector just for GPS and/or remote
panel?

Thanks

Randy, K7AGE

Randy Hall

Joe

Not sure how to change the port speed.

I'll never use the GPS here at home. I just want to get away from using the front connector.

Thanks

Randy

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 12:56 AM Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
Just change the speed of the rear port to 119200. Keep in
mind GPS will no longer work unless you set it back to 4800.

Joe M.

On 7/3/2020 11:14 PM, Randy Hall wrote:
> I did get the rear connector to work.
>
> I used a null modem adapter and let FreeScan auto scan the serial port.
> It worked with 4800 baud on the rear. I was using 115200 baud on the
> front port.
>
> Seems to work fine.
>
> Randy
>
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:51 AM Randy Hall via groups.io
> <http://groups.io> <listk7age=gmail.com@groups.io
> <mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     I would like to use the rear remote connector for FreeScan control
>     of the scanner instead of using the tiny front connector.
>
>     Is this possible?  Or, is this connector just for GPS and/or remote
>     panel?
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Randy, K7AGE

It's been years since I set the port speed on a 15, but try this:

MENU button
SETTINGS
SET SERIAL PORT
SET BAUD RATE