BCT15X P25 Upgrade

Michael WA7SKG

I've got a BCT15X in my truck mounted in a console with a custom faceplate. I'm interested in upgrading to P25 digital capability, but need something that fits the same mount. I've looked at the BCD996P2, which looks to be the same box with more capability. I've seen a lot of talk about the SDS200, but I don't know if it is the same DIN form factor to fit my mount.

Suggestions?

--
73,
Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

Joe M.

The SDS200 is a 1.5 DIN size, so that will not work.
The BCD996P2 is the latest model that is a DIN size.

Joe M.

On 1/31/2021 8:19 PM, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
I've got a BCT15X in my truck mounted in a console with a custom
faceplate. I'm interested in upgrading to P25 digital capability, but
need something that fits the same mount. I've looked at the BCD996P2,
which looks to be the same box with more capability. I've seen a lot of
talk about the SDS200, but I don't know if it is the same DIN form
factor to fit my mount.

Suggestions?

Wallace Day <livefire17@...>

While I haven't measured, the 996 P2 sure looks like a dead ringer size-wise of my BCT 15X. I will measure them tomorrow and share the info unless someone else bests me to it!
73
Wally, KC2PBK
Plattsburgh NY

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 8:33 PM Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:
I've got a BCT15X in my truck mounted in a console with a custom
faceplate. I'm interested in upgrading to P25 digital capability, but
need something that fits the same mount. I've looked at the BCD996P2,
which looks to be the same box with more capability. I've seen a lot of
talk about the SDS200, but I don't know if it is the same DIN form
factor to fit my mount.

Suggestions?

--
73,
Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

Michael WA7SKG

Thanks, Joe. That's what I was looking for.

Michael

Joe M. wrote on 1/31/21 5:37 PM:

The SDS200 is a 1.5 DIN size, so that will not work.
The BCD996P2 is the latest model that is a DIN size.
Joe M.
On 1/31/2021 8:19 PM, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
I've got a BCT15X in my truck mounted in a console with a custom
faceplate. I'm interested in upgrading to P25 digital capability, but
need something that fits the same mount. I've looked at the BCD996P2,
which looks to be the same box with more capability. I've seen a lot of
talk about the SDS200, but I don't know if it is the same DIN form
factor to fit my mount.

Suggestions?

hcobin@...

My BCD996P2 front is 2.25” x 7.25”

[...]

Curt Underwood

FYI Only, the remote head BC-RH96 is not compatible with the new scanner. The RH96 will work with the BCD996P2, but only with a converter, (obviously not endorsed by Uniden).

Curt

[...]

The BCD996P2 fits perfectly

Bill KG4BKO

On 1/31/2021 8:19 PM, Michael WA7SKG wrote:
I've got a BCT15X in my truck mounted in a console with a custom faceplate. I'm interested in upgrading to P25 digital capability, but need something that fits the same mount. I've looked at the BCD996P2, which looks to be the same box with more capability. I've seen a lot of talk about the SDS200, but I don't know if it is the same DIN form factor to fit my mount.

Suggestions?

--
Bill Collins
kg4bko@...

Fred Chase

Per the owners manuals the specifications for both scanners are the same.  7.2 in (W) X 5.9 in (D) X 2.2 In (H).  And as Joe said the SDS200 Is physically larger.  It’s specs are shown as 12.75 X 8.5 X 3.75.

Wally do you have a BCD996P2?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

The 200 specs cannot be correct. The 200 is the same
width as the 996 series. It is 1.5 times the height.

Is is something on the order of: 7 in (W) X 8 in (D) X 3 In (H).

I suspect those 996 specs include the mounting bracket.

Joe M.

On 2/1/2021 4:27 PM, Fred Chase wrote:
Per the owners manuals the specifications for both scanners are the
same. 7.2 in (W) X 5.9 in (D) X 2.2 In (H). And as Joe said the SDS200
Is physically larger. It’s specs are shown as 12.75 X 8.5 X 3.75.

Wally do you have a BCD996P2?

Windows 10

<mailto:wa7skg@...>> wrote:

I've got a BCT15X in my truck mounted in a console with a custom
faceplate. I'm interested in upgrading to P25 digital capability, but
need something that fits the same mount. I've looked at the BCD996P2,
which looks to be the same box with more capability. I've seen a lot of
talk about the SDS200, but I don't know if it is the same DIN form
factor to fit my mount.

Suggestions?

--
73,
Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."

Fred Chase

Joe, I don’t have an SDS200, but the specs I quoted are as shown on the Amazon web page for the SDS200.

I do have a BCD996P2 and the specs agree with those shown in the Owners Manual.  I double checked them on mine.