Topics

BCD996P2

Kev Myles

 Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev

Jim Walls

On 06/18/2020 17:25, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
 Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev
Systems locked out?  I am assuming you are attempting to enable those two systems via Quick Keys.  Lockout will still kill them as I recall (I never use system lockout).

-------------------------------------
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc: 818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/
AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

Kev Myles

Yes I am using the system quick keys. It’s saying they are unlocked, but systems 2&3 won’t scan. Don’t know why.

On Jun 18, 2020, at 9:55 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io <wkevinm@...> wrote:

 Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev

Randy Thomas

I have [4] 996P2's in the house and truck and the main thing I  listen to is civilian and military air frequencies  due to so much encryption in the area. I haven't  experienced  a problem with the air frequencies and as far as the ham frequencies I  haven't  tried to scan those due to I have a ham transmitter and don't  won't  to transmit and forget to turn off the scanners first so have no idea about the ham frequencies.  It has to be something your doing or not doing my friend

Randy
KO4BZP

On 06/18/2020 17:25, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
>  Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air
> frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they
> won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev

Systems locked out?  I am assuming you are attempting to enable those
two systems via Quick Keys.  Lockout will still kill them as I recall (I
never use system lockout).

-------------------------------------
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc:  818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/
AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

Kev Myles

Should a group number display when they are scanning? Right now I just have system 2&3 in the display and it is saying Scan Mode. nothing to scan.

On 06/18/2020 18:25, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
Should a group number display when they are scanning? Right now I just have system 2&3 in the display and it is saying Scan Mode. nothing to scan.
Yes, group numbers should show.  Sounds like you have all the groups turned off within the system.

-------------------------------------
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@...
Ofc: 818-548-4804
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/k6ccc/
AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

Joe M.

Quick Key assigned but not enabled? (or systems locked out)

Joe M.

On 6/18/2020 8:25 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air
frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they
won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev

Rich

try powering off the radio and then power back on.  my Uniden 536 will re-enable locked out *frequencies* this way.  worth a try.

Rich via iPad

On Jun 18, 2020, at 20:08, Kev Myles via groups.io <wkevinm@...> wrote:

Yes I am using the system quick keys. It’s saying they are unlocked, but systems 2&3 won’t scan. Don’t know why.

On Jun 18, 2020, at 9:55 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io <wkevinm@...> wrote:

 Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev

Kev Myles

It’s saying that they are unlocked, but I guess I don’t know how to re enable the group(s).

On Jun 18, 2020, at 11:13 PM, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

Quick Key assigned but not enabled? (or systems locked out)

Joe M.

On 6/18/2020 8:25 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air
frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they
won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev

SQK.GQK ENTER

Joe M.

On 6/18/2020 9:55 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
It’s saying that they are unlocked, but I guess I don’t know how to re enable the group(s).
On Jun 18, 2020, at 11:13 PM, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:

Quick Key assigned but not enabled? (or systems locked out)

Joe M.

On 6/18/2020 8:25 PM, Kev Myles via groups.io wrote:
Uniden 996P2 won’t scan Systems 2 (Ham Radio) and System 3 (Air
frequencies). All other systems scan no problem. Anyone know why they
won’t scan? The Frequencies are in the systems in question.Thanks, Kev

David Boyett

Had the same problem when I unboxed and set up my SDS100.  Edit Favorites List in Sentinel, Select your favorite that is not scanning, select options and make sure you have the correct Quick Key, ten select Quick Key Status to activate the key.  Again, I am new to this scanner and software so others likely have more experience, but that solved my scan problem.  Maybe the same for you.  Cheers

Kev Myles

I deleted systems 2&3 and set them up again. Working again since I did that. I was using Freescan for awhile and I am thinking I probably did something wrong there to stop them from scanning.I deleted Freescan from my computer awhile back. Not a lot to listen to around here, so I programmed the frequencies in manually. Thanks all!