From: main@Uniden.groups.io On Behalf Of narcissists_suck
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 13:25
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: [Uniden] Audio in on Laptop BCD436HP>Proscan

Has anyone successfully gotten audio in to work on a dell Laptop that only has a combo headphone/microphone jack?

Evan Platt

Are you trying to basically listen to the audio from the scanner? WHen
you plug the scanner in (using a 3.5mm audio patch cable), the laptop
should prompt you, headset or microphone. Say Microphone. Then in
Windows Audio properties, you'll need to select "Listen to this
device."

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 11:07 AM narcissists_suck <ggpggp@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully gotten audio in to work on a dell Laptop that only has a combo headphone/microphone jack?

narcissists_suck

Trying to use the record function in Proscan.

This is a Dell Laptop. That option is supposed to appear, but I have been unable to implement that. So this is a Dell Laptop specific question.

Joe M.

Did you plug it in and select that it's a mic input?
(assuming there might only be one audio port)

Joe M.

On 6/28/2020 11:24 AM, narcissists_suck wrote:
Trying to use the record function in Proscan.

This is a Dell Laptop. That option is supposed to appear, but I have
been unable to implement that. So this is a Dell Laptop specific question.

Roy Schahrer

On June 27, 2020 at 10:25 AM narcissists_suck <ggpggp@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully gotten audio in to work on a dell Laptop that only has a combo headphone/microphone jack?

narcissists_suck

Thanks. I have a lot of adapters, but not one like that. I;ll give it a try.

Joe M.

On the Dells I've had to set, they just use the standard stereo 3.5mm audio cable. When you plug it in a popup comes up and asks how it is to be used. Select LINE IN.

Joe M.

On 6/28/2020 2:35 PM, Roy Schahrer wrote:
You will likely need a cable like this to get autio into that laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingtop-Adapter-Tablet-Headsets-Version/dp/B01I3A47I4/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3PJS9TBTQ9KCF&dchild=1&keywords=audio+input+cable+for+ipad&qid=1593369273&sprefix=audio+input+cable%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-3

On June 27, 2020 at 10:25 AM narcissists_suck <ggpggp@...> wrote:

Has anyone successfully gotten audio in to work on a dell Laptop that
only has a combo headphone/microphone jack?

Kurt WA3TOY