Topics

Are we permitted to list items for sale on this group (specifically an SDS100 and SDS200)?

Jennifer Bond <jjbond@...>

Are we permitted to list items for sale on this group (specifically an SDS100 and SDS200)?

robertwichert

OK with me!

Robert Wichert PEng   LEED AP
Office: +1 916 966 9060
Mobile: +1 916 712 4481
On 11/13/2019 7:08 AM, Jennifer Bond wrote:

Are we permitted to list items for sale on this group (specifically an SDS100 and SDS200)?

Joe M.

You can, but it would be better to list them on the scanner-specific lists since those will have people interested specifically in those models.

<<https://groups.io/g/SDS100/>>
<<https://uniden.groups.io/g/SDS200>>

Follow-ups between you and potential customers should be handled off-list. General updates (more specifics of what upgrades they might have, lowered prices, etc.) can be posted to the lists.

List Moderator

On 11/13/2019 10:08 AM, Jennifer Bond wrote:
Are we permitted to list items for sale on this group (specifically an
SDS100 and SDS200)?

Jennifer Bond <jjbond@...>

Edited

Ok, great idea...thank you.... although with 5 messages over the last several months on the 200 forum and a total of 5 all year in 2018, I doubt it will get much visibility.. I won't even bother checking out the 100 forum... groups.io is obviously a flop, I'll post them here when ready.

Thanks

Jennifer

BoSoxFan

I don't think groups.io is a flop. I am in several very active groups. However a group for just 1 or 2 types of radios is going to be a very slow group/forum in most cases (the FT-857 group i'm in is very active, but thats a much more popular radio). I also think this would be a better forum to post it for sale in. I am interested to buy one but because I don't currently own one I'm not a member of that group.

Good Luck when you sell!

Dan Danz

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 10:14 AM, BoSoxFan wrote:
{snip}... I also think this would be a better forum to post it for sale in. I am interested to buy one but because I don't currently own one I'm not a member of that group.
I do not agree - and not because I have any animosity toward Bostonians or the Red Sox :smile:

If you're interested in buying a radio, you by all means should join the sub-group for that particular radio in order to get announcements.  There you can hear from owners of the radio.  How else can you make an educated purchase?

Likewise, if everyone else is NOT interested in buying a particular radio model, why should they receive For Sale announcements for that model?

If the moderators of the main@Uniden.groups.io group agree or disagree with me, they would do the group a service by making their views a part of the group policy and state where For Sale and/or Wanted To Buy posts should appear.

Joe M.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Busy day catching up on things.

Generally speaking it is agreed that For Sale posts should be made on the scanner-specific lists, as that is where people who own or may be interested in those models will be subscribed. Such posts are fine as long as they are not spammed across many lists.

If you are interested in a future purchase, it is recommended that you subscribe to a list that covers that model of interest.

The only (temporary) exception will be those lists that have not yet migrated over to GIO. Most are here, but some are not yet. There would also be a general exception for models where no specific group exists.

*****************
After the initial post is made, those interested should reply via DIRECT email to the seller, as any subsequent communications are only between those two people and need not be seen by everyone.
*****************

Of course follow-ups by the seller such as price reduction announcements or maybe an 'item sold' notice are fine as well on the lists.

Fair enough?

This is the same policy that existed on YG and seems to work well.

BTW, the "main" list should only be used for topics that apply to all (or most) models, and should not be used for model-specific topics that are better served (and searched) on the model-specific lists. The "main" list is a new concept that did not exist on YG, but should be used as described for for general guidance.

Thank you,
List Moderator

<mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io> group*agree or disagree* with me, they
would do the group a service by making their views a part of the group
policy and state where For Sale and/or Wanted To Buy posts should appear.

Ted

FYI, Dan….any group/list I have ever subscribed to, has allowed occasional FS activity. I and other support that practice.(it is up to a moderator to decide if things get out of hand). “Get off my lawn” attitudes are rarely helpful to a group’s longevity

73, Ted

K7TRK