additional antenna for a BC75XLT

Lloyd Leonard

I WOULD LIKE TO  boost the signal strength received, and have seen remote antennas advertised on Amazon for $20 +/-

Should these work OK ...... I believe they have magnetic bases

I listen to the chat on a local railroad , 161.00 to 162.00

thanks

Bernard Skoch

If you are truly just interested in 161-162, I'd recommend an antenna specifically for that frequency.

How far away are the transmitters/trains?

GM7BNF

Any outside aerial will out perform the rubberduck on a scanner.

From: "Lloyd Leonard" <lleonard1978@...>
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 17:59:08 -0700

I WOULD LIKE TO  boost the signal strength received, and have seen remote antennas advertised on Amazon for $20 +/-

Should these work OK ...... I believe they have magnetic bases

I listen to the chat on a local railroad , 161.00 to 162.00

thanks

Russ

I WOULD LIKE TO  boost the signal strength received,
You could build a J pole antenna. They are pretty simple. Check Youtube.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-pole_antenna