Topics

Clear User Data on 3600 / 436

I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe message...  All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was working ok before that.

Any ideas?

Andrew

Joe M.

Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
message... All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
working ok before that.

Any ideas?

Andrew

I've tried 2. I'll get another and see what happens. I have a fear of damaging that little catch thing that holds the card in, with the number of times I've taken cards in and out

On Monday, 15 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:

Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message...  All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew

Why don't you go through all your steps.
Include how you formatted the cards.

Joe M.

On 6/15/2020 3:07 AM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
I've tried 2. I'll get another and see what happens. I have a fear of
damaging that little catch thing that holds the card in, with the number
of times I've taken cards in and out

On Monday, 15 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:

Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message... All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew

limey77

I think holding the menu button while tunrlng on locks the unit and it will not do anything.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message...  All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew
>

> <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C8c1bd8dfa07547735f8c08d810bd0f53%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637277751471512214&amp;sdata=%2BIlZ%2FJ1AaAfiK%2BuoMrTSs53r8KBsPhacZyXD%2BXwnox0%3D&amp;reserved=0>
> <https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C8c1bd8dfa07547735f8c08d810bd0f53%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637277751471522206&amp;sdata=Q%2FTR1rVNsWCSVMxXNUpzkmlax7BcuM0RNP8KajeSZoI%3D&amp;reserved=0>
>

> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

MIKE CHRISTIE

I had the same problem with my TRX-1 and the sim cards.  Go to Amazon and buy the sim card from them this is the link  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZIEMWU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3H8M2CQAAXZL9&psc=1. Should be class 4 not class 10. Many resellers say they are these types but they are not.  A lot of the ones that you buy like Walmart or Best will not work.  I think bought three from Walmart thinking they were bad and none of them worked,  as soon as I got the one from Amazon it worked perfectly.  If going buy another just try the amazon one if it doesn’t clearly say class 4 it won’t work. Follow the instructions that comes with the TRX-1 for your cards no not copy anything over this new card, start fresh.

Good luck

Mike

Joe M.

Class 10 won't work? Where did you get this from?

<<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfBHe-4Bfvs>>
(not only class UHS3, but 128GB)

I've been using UHS3 (AKA U3 - equivalent of class 30 - 30
MBPS - next step above class 10 10MBPS) in my scanner for a year.

Likely the reason you saw is due to the manufacturer
difference. I have some cards that are pretty crappy
performers. I stick with name brand cards. I have a favorite
brand I use, but I don't want to start a Chevy-Ford war.

Joe M.

On 6/15/2020 5:52 PM, MIKE CHRISTIE via groups.io wrote:
I had the same problem with my TRX-1 and the sim cards. Go to Amazon
and buy the sim card from them this is the link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZIEMWU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3H8M2CQAAXZL9&psc=1.
Should be class 4 not class 10. Many resellers say they are these types
but they are not. A lot of the ones that you buy like Walmart or Best
will not work. I think bought three from Walmart thinking they were bad
and none of them worked, as soon as I got the one from Amazon it worked
perfectly. If going buy another just try the amazon one if it doesn’t
clearly say class 4 it won’t work. Follow the instructions that comes
with the TRX-1 for your cards no not copy anything over this new card,
start fresh.

Good luck

Mike

doug fick

any sim card will work but you need format the card and copy some of the files to it first.....google is your friend

On Monday, June 15, 2020, 2:52:38 PM PDT, MIKE CHRISTIE via groups.io <mzfb@...> wrote:

I had the same problem with my TRX-1 and the sim cards.  Go to Amazon and buy the sim card from them this is the link  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZIEMWU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3H8M2CQAAXZL9&psc=1. Should be class 4 not class 10. Many resellers say they are these types but they are not.  A lot of the ones that you buy like Walmart or Best will not work.  I think bought three from Walmart thinking they were bad and none of them worked,  as soon as I got the one from Amazon it worked perfectly.  If going buy another just try the amazon one if it doesn’t clearly say class 4 it won’t work. Follow the instructions that comes with the TRX-1 for your cards no not copy anything over this new card, start fresh.

Good luck

Mike

I didn't realise there was an issue with the class of micro sd. I have ordered one earlier that is a 4.

Thanks for the tip

Andrew, Morecambe

[...]

I don't believe there is an issue since I'm not using Class 4 cards.

Joe M.

<mzfb=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I had the same problem with my TRX-1 and the sim cards. Go to Amazon
and buy the sim card from them this is the link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZIEMWU/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A3H8M2CQAAXZL9&psc=1.
Should be class 4 not class 10. Many resellers say they are these types
but they are not. A lot of the ones that you buy like Walmart or Best
will not work. I think bought three from Walmart thinking they were bad
and none of them worked, as soon as I got the one from Amazon it worked
perfectly. If going buy another just try the amazon one if it doesn’t
clearly say class 4 it won’t work. Follow the instructions that comes
with the TRX-1 for your cards no not copy anything over this new card,
start fresh.
Good luck
Mike

I finally got a new SD card, still no joy. Resets don't work, Firmware updates don't work, Clear User Data doesn't work either. The card like others has been formatted first then updated. I'm really getting frustrated now

Andrew, Morecambe

I've tried 2. I'll get another and see what happens. I have a fear of damaging that little catch thing that holds the card in, with the number of times I've taken cards in and out

On Monday, 15 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:
Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message...  All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew

Two possibilities left I can think of:

1. Operator error (avoiding channel/dept/site/system accidentally).

2. Radio issue requiring repair at Uniden.

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 10:47 AM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
I finally got a new SD card, still no joy. Resets don't work, Firmware
updates don't work, Clear User Data doesn't work either. The card like
others has been formatted first then updated. I'm really getting
frustrated now

*Andrew, Morecambe*

I've tried 2. I'll get another and see what happens. I have a fear of
damaging that little catch thing that holds the card in, with the number
of times I've taken cards in and out

On Monday, 15 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:
Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message... All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew

limey77

Make sure the radio is not locked.
If it is nothing will work

I finally got a new SD card, still no joy. Resets don't work, Firmware updates don't work, Clear User Data doesn't work either. The card like others has been formatted first then updated. I'm really getting frustrated now

Andrew, Morecambe

I've tried 2. I'll get another and see what happens. I have a fear of damaging that little catch thing that holds the card in, with the number of times I've taken cards in and out

On Monday, 15 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:
Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message...  All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew

limey77

The radio  is  locked.

1. Operator error (avoiding channel/dept/site/system accidentally).

2. Radio issue requiring repair at Uniden.

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 10:47 AM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I finally got a new SD card, still no joy. Resets don't work, Firmware
> updates don't work, Clear User Data doesn't work either. The card like
> others has been formatted first then updated. I'm really getting
> frustrated now
>

> *Andrew, Morecambe*

How would that cause loss of reception?

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 2:08 PM, limey77 wrote:
The radio is locked.

I've tried 2. I'll get another and see what happens. I have a fear of
damaging that little catch thing that holds the card in, with the number
of times I've taken cards in and out

On Monday, 15 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:
Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message... All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew

<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C1767168b91b44dda232108d81d205589%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637291371988241515&amp;sdata=YDZJOeMXiif0iPKAJIPzkMwugrfFiuLmofM5Bmh7HMc%3D&amp;reserved=0>

<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C1767168b91b44dda232108d81d205589%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637291371988241515&amp;sdata=YDZJOeMXiif0iPKAJIPzkMwugrfFiuLmofM5Bmh7HMc%3D&amp;reserved=0>

> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

How do I unlock it?  I can't get passed the opening screen then the clear user data message appears. I emailed Uniden, earlier, whoever replied said they didn't know what to do either.

I got this

Dear Andrew

Can imagine you are not happy with the product you bought on ebay
But have no idea how to help you

Best regards,
Piet Evers

AVERA-DISTRIBUTING

Andrew, Morecambe

I finally got a new SD card, still no joy. Resets don't work, Firmware updates don't work, Clear User Data doesn't work either. The card like others has been formatted first then updated. I'm really getting frustrated now

Andrew, Morecambe

I've tried 2. I'll get another and see what happens. I have a fear of damaging that little catch thing that holds the card in, with the number of times I've taken cards in and out

On Monday, 15 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:
Bad card? Have you tried another one?

Joe M.

On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards formatted and
> reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the menu
> button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> message...  All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> working ok before that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Andrew

Did this thread get hijacked?

I thought the issue in question was intermittant loss of reception for some, but not all, channels.

If the scanner is saying to clear the user data, then perform that step.

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 2:42 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:

How do I unlock it? I can't get passed the opening screen then the
clear user data message appears. I emailed Uniden, earlier, whoever
replied said they didn't know what to do either.

I got this

Dear Andrew
Can imagine you are not happy with the product you bought on ebay
But have no idea how to help you
Best regards,
Piet Evers

*AVERA-DIST**RIBUTING*
*
*
*
*

*Andrew, Morecambe*

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf9ac309f09264699797c08d81d1e9b14%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637291364563772762&sdata=LE1OSybLmIhIpbVMtxQQOqpHhSG4WsocSvFpH9Cz3u4%3D&reserved=0>>

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf9ac309f09264699797c08d81d1e9b14%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637291364563782757&sdata=PBNLxatCrEraCSDtlDBX1kb8sKuVcHj%2BNc2p70uNk7k%3D&reserved=0>>

> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

I have cleared the user data lots of times, it still comes up. I have changed cards, formatted them, reloaded the database which it says has done, it still does the intro screen then beeps telling me to clear the data. I have to take the batteries out to clear the screen. It tells me I'm clearing the memory when I do the 2, 9, dept, while powering up.

On Tuesday, 30 June 2020 Joe M. <main@Uniden.groups.io> wrote:

Did this thread get hijacked?

I thought the issue in question was intermittant loss of reception for
some, but not all, channels.

If the scanner is saying to clear the user data, then perform that step.

Joe M.

On 6/30/2020 2:42 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:

> How do I unlock it?  I can't get passed the opening screen then the
> clear user data message appears. I emailed Uniden, earlier, whoever
> replied said they didn't know what to do either.
>

> I got this
>
> Dear Andrew
> Can imagine you are not happy with the product you bought on ebay
> But have no idea how to help you
> Best regards,
> Piet Evers
>

> *AVERA-DIST**RIBUTING*
> *
> *
> *
> *
>
> *Andrew, Morecambe*

The "2, 9, dept, while powering up" is not a CLEAR USER DATA.

CLEAR USER DATA is done via Sentinel.

Joe M.

<main@Uniden.groups.io <mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io>> on behalf of

<mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io>> wrote:
> Bad card? Have you tried another one?
>
> Joe M.
>
> On 6/14/2020 2:52 PM, Andrew via groups.io wrote:
> > I still can't get out of the clear user data. Memory cards
formatted and
> > reloaded both in the radio and in an adaptor, Sentinel uninstalled and
> > reinstalled, sometimes it can't find the card in the programming, but
> > can be found by my laptop. I've tried to 2, 9 etc reset. Nothing beeps
> > or comes up on screen to say it has reset. I've tried pressing the
menu
> > button as it was starting up and after. I still can't get past tbe
> > message... All I wanted to do was change the search ranges, it was
> > working ok before that.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Andrew

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient

<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf9ac309f09264699797c08d81d1e9b14%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637291364563772762&sdata=LE1OSybLmIhIpbVMtxQQOqpHhSG4WsocSvFpH9Cz3u4%3D&reserved=0>>

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient

<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avg.com%2Femail-signature%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Demailclient&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf9ac309f09264699797c08d81d1e9b14%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637291364563782757&sdata=PBNLxatCrEraCSDtlDBX1kb8sKuVcHj%2BNc2p70uNk7k%3D&reserved=0>>

> > <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

I know, I have done both. I have tried the clear user with the card both in the radio and in my laptop using Sentinel. It knows I have two profiles in the programming