From: main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] On Behalf Of (Maggie/Tom O’Connor)
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:01 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Which one?

+1 for the BC246!!! Great for analog Trunked AND pretty good on UHF and not so bad on Low Band either! Mine ranks right up there with my BCD346!!  Reception is def better, but not as many features, and obviously no digital.  It’s my go-to though!

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 9:24 PM

I have a BC246 which works great for trunked analog and is no longer made.  If I was going to buy new one today, it would be a BCD325P2.

Robert Wichert
PEng   LEED AP
HERS I/II 2016/2019 #CC2006186
Office: +1 916 966 9060
Mobile: +1 916 712 4481

On 5/11/2020 5:45 PM, pcbutts1 via groups.io wrote:

I will be looking in the near future to buy a new handheld scanner, what’s the best new one out there? And will my stimulus check cover it.

_._,_._,_

Maggie O'Connor

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 9:24 PM

I have a BC246 which works great for trunked analog and is no longer made.  If I was going to buy new one today, it would be a BCD325P2.

Robert Wichert
PEng   LEED AP
HERS I/II 2016/2019 #CC2006186
Office: +1 916 966 9060
Mobile: +1 916 712 4481
On 5/11/2020 5:45 PM, pcbutts1 via groups.io wrote:

I will be looking in the near future to buy a new handheld scanner, what’s the best new one out there? And will my stimulus check cover it.

pcbutts1

I drive all over Los  Angeles county Orange County San Bernardino County and kern county but mainly la.

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 8:53 PM, John Shaffer
<j-shaffer@...> wrote:
Call Bearcat Warehouse, 1-877-568-7226 and they will look at your location to determine what frequencies and service types are and give you some options.

John J. Shaffer

On Monday, May 11, 2020, 08:45:36 PM EDT, pcbutts1 via groups.io <pcbutts1@...> wrote:

I will be looking in the near future to buy a new handheld scanner, what’s the best new one out there? And will my stimulus check cover it.

Stormin Norman

My money would go to the Uniden SDS 100.
I have the base version of this family and like it. Im a Uniden Bearcat guy from 8 channel days

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 21:24, robertwichert
<robert@...> wrote:

I have a BC246 which works great for trunked analog and is no longer made.  If I was going to buy new one today, it would be a BCD325P2.

Robert Wichert
PEng   LEED AP
HERS I/II 2016/2019 #CC2006186
Office: +1 916 966 9060
Mobile: +1 916 712 4481
On 5/11/2020 5:45 PM, pcbutts1 via groups.io wrote:

I will be looking in the near future to buy a new handheld scanner, what’s the best new one out there? And will my stimulus check cover it.

John Shaffer

Call Bearcat Warehouse, 1-877-568-7226 and they will look at your location to determine what frequencies and service types are and give you some options.

John J. Shaffer

On Monday, May 11, 2020, 08:45:36 PM EDT, pcbutts1 via groups.io <pcbutts1@...> wrote:

I will be looking in the near future to buy a new handheld scanner, what’s the best new one out there? And will my stimulus check cover it.

That depends on your needs. If you have simulcast systems in your area, the SDS100 is the way to go. If not, the BCD436HP might be better. If size is a concern, the BCD325P2 might be what you want.

Joe M.

On 5/11/2020 8:45 PM, pcbutts1 via groups.io wrote:
I will be looking in the near future to buy a new handheld scanner,
what’s the best new one out there? And will my stimulus check cover it.

pcbutts1

I had a BCD396T Years ago but I can’t find it now. It’s probably in box number 99 out of 100. It would be quicker to just get a new one.