Re: Do you think this is a scam?

Michael Martin

You can use ANY address you want when applying for a domain.  You can also go through 3rd party organizations that will list your domain as confidential.

/\/\|k.e

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Polcari
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2020 14:02
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Do you think this is a scam?

Then again, I looked up my own domain, Polcari.com, and if I click on that Street1 field it says

There are 11,886,805 domains associated with the street1 field within Whoisology's March 2020 archive

So this just depends on who is listed as the Admin Contact. In my case, it is my registrar so ….

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "joe@..." <joe@...>
Date: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 1:56 PM
To: <main@Uniden.groups.io>

If that’s true, how the hell did it get past the domain registrars???

Perhaps because it is a .top domain?

From: <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Dan Danz <lwdanz@...>
Date: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 1:02 PM
To: <main@Uniden.groups.io>

The whois report from https://www.scamdoc.com/view/273036 -- shows many address  928 E. Highland Ave. Ste F104 pmb#255 That's the address of a UPS Store.
When I googled for the full address one of the hits https://whoisology.com/street1 showed this suspicious fact:
      There are 1,777,967 domains associated with the street1 field within Whoisology's March 2020 archive.
This has scam written all over it ..... After all, who wouldn't want to buy a radio from somebody who shares an address with Grand Canyon Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence?

--
L.W. Dan Danz - WA5SKM
Overland Park KS