Re: Bio’s?

Don

Hi Doug,

In 1989 I bought the AR 900 handheld and in 1984 I bought the AR2001. I never liked the "sloppy" squelch action of them. So I never bought another AOR product after that.

I did build an external keypad with real switch type buttons for the AR2001. Made using that radio much easier.

The Comm Sq guys where I was stationed were amazed that I had a HH rx (the AR900) that could hear their TACAN identing and carrier growling at 1gHz. They wanted to buy it and I told them to get a gvmt contract to buy a few as essential test/repair equipment. LoL

Another terrific NDB day in Nebraska!

Don

More Live & Recorded Radio Fun and a Whole Lot More!

Don KPC6NDB
Gothenburg, NE
N40.9 W100.1 2600ft DN90ww
BC1206CM Bearcat DX1000 FRG-100B
FunCube Dongle Pro+ ICF2010 Perseusx3
WR-G303e WR-G31DDCx7 SDRplay RSP2pro
R70 R71A w/250Hz R75x2 w/250Hz R7000
G5-SSB PL-360 PRN1000x2 SDR-IQ SPR-4
SSR-1 w/NDB mod SR-AF & LPF DSP599zx
MFJ-784B HD-1418 AF-1 MSB-1
PA0RDT-MWx4 1@18ft 1@24ft DXE-ARAV3-1Px4
RYOAA McKay Dymek DA-100 AAx3
Z1501F Russian MW
109 Vintage ADF/RDF
2525 Lifetime logs +66k logs submitted

On 27-May-20 22:32, Doug J wrote:
Hello Wayne,

You should take some pics of some of your older scanners and put them in the files section of the groups web page.

My first scanner was an AOR2001, which I sold to a mate to upgrade to the AOR2002, which I still have for its wide coverage. Since the AOR2002, I have had uniden scanners and my latest one is the UBCD536-PT, which I am very pleased with.

Regards,

Doug VK2XLJ