Re: Bios?

clive frazier

MaryLou:

I agree, take a GOOD course. Both the ARRL and Gordon West courses are excellent. STUDY the material. You will use that material for as long as you are involved in electronics.

The starting license is the Technician license. Then comes the General and finally the Extra license. While studying for the Technician license, look at the General license. You will see how one license builds upon the previous license.

I have had an Advanced ham license for over 50 years. I also hold a First Class Radio Telephone license which I got over 50 years ago. What I learned back then while in college, I used throughout my career in electronics. Again, study and learn the material. Do NOT try to just memorize answers to some test.

73,
Clive, K9FWF

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 07:14:32 AM EDT, gil kellersman via groups.io <gilkell13@...> wrote:

ITS A GREAT HOBBY!

JUST   DO  IT!

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 07:11:10 AM EDT, MaryLou Atwell <matwellx@...> wrote:

My thanks to you Chris.
May everyone have a great day!

Marylou

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 10:45 PM Christopher Nelsen via groups.io <wd9hik=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anyone interested in ham radio I would strongly suggest ( and highly recommend )

It not only teaches theory but how to pass the test in a way that 99.9% of the people can comprehend and remember.

You can do it on line, home course, books, CD,  or even attend a class in person.

It is a great hobby!

Chris
WD9HIK

On Thursday, May 21, 2020, 9:18 PM, don robinson via groups.io <don_551=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

also, another thank you.

On Thursday, May 21, 2020, 03:19:43 PM PDT, Earle Richardson <earle@...> wrote:

If you are serious about Ham Radio, Try hamtestonline.com.

Earle