Re: Bios?

Joel Kahn

MaryLou:

DE is NOT all encrypted!

The State is P25 Phase I and most law is encrypted along with National Guard and Corrections, but almost all fire and local law/beach patrol/public works are "in the clear". There are a bunch of new talkgroups for local fire use.

Your 996 should get all of them.  Check Radioreference.

Joel R Kahn

Comme dicté à mon chat et envoyé de mon ordinateur de bureau.
(As dictated to my cat and sent from my desktop computer.)

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 03:15:32 PM EDT, MaryLou Atwell <matwellx@...> wrote:

Thank you for your service Randy.  Many hugs and handshakes to you.

My bio is oh so small compared to all of yours.   I haven't even turned on my bearcat 996  since DE went total encryption, and I lost even the plow operators....:(     I used to use the Pro-96 and Pro 97 for Airshows, but I haven't even been to one of them to listen for a few years now.   I studied for the Ham radio test,( forget which one)  and the electronic parts got me..   But I can turn them on, and I do have PHL so if the planes are going the right way, I can listen in....   I think I gave up on me and learning it.....

All of you guys are Awesome!

MaryLou Schoff

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:48 PM Randy Thomas <thomasrandylee@...> wrote:
Started out in 1971 with a Bearcat 8 channel and a Regency which I still have both. Police 911 Dispatcher for a Department in Alabama. In 1973 graduated from College and became  a Police Officer. Joined the Military Security Forces. Served in Desert Storm Desert Shield. Two tours to Iraq and one tour to Afghanistan. Second tour to Afghanistan shot in right hand and sent back to the states where I was medically discharged with 26 years of service as a Chief Warrant  Officer 4. Would'nt  allow me to do 30 years due to my injuries. Was Officer in Charge with the Seals of planning coordination and Rescue of the MV Alabama where we rescued Captain Phillip's from the Pirates. Totally disabled from my wound now and living with my wife in Appomattox  County, Virginia. Thanks to a certain person here in this group I am not only continuing my scanning with am now have a new lease on life as a Ham Operator. 73's

Randy Thomas
Appomattox,  Virginia
KO4BZP