Re: Bios?

Michael Lynch

When I was in high school in Arizona during the early 1970s, the counselors hounded me about what I wanted to do after school. I did not know. Then in my Junior year I bought a Radio Shack Patrolman Pro-7A scanner (with crystals). I installed it in my 1972 AMC Gremlin and started chasing police calls on Friday and Saturday nights. Family, friends, and even my mom sometimes accompanied me. That was when I decided that I wanted to go into Law Enforcement.

I spent 5 years as a city police officer in Arizona and California before going federal in 1984. I spent 14.5 years as a Special Agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) which included 4.5 years stationed in Naples, Italy. The last 5.5 years I was a Special Agent with the EPA Office of Inspector General in San Francisco doing computer crimes investigations. I retired 16 years ago this coming August.

I now have a Uniden BCD536HP desktop scanner, a BCD436HP handheld, and a BCD396XT handheld.

And, yes, my mom still has my Patrolman scanner hooked up at her house. It still received Phoenix Fire.

- Mike
Peoria, AZ
KK6FCQ