Re: Bios?

Len .

I don't know that I've ever posted in this group, but here's a little about me.

I'm a retired police officer that served in a small suburb of Boston. I had scanners in both cars and one in my office until I retired. My Wife hated the noise so I buried them in the cellar. A few years ago a good friend who retired recently from a well-known South Coast (of MA) police department convinced me to turn the scanners back on. My first scanner was a Bearcat 250 (which I'll shortly get rid of).

We're in the process of moving to our new home in NH where I currently have a 996XT running (sadly the town we moved to runs encrypted) and a 436HP that I basically don't use. In my MA home (we're cleaning it out for the final move), I run a Realistic PRO-2021 with just the local PD and FD on it and the 536HP running ~40 mile radius.

I've also served my MA own as a Constable for the past 21 years and will be giving that up when we finally move totally to NH. I'm also a firearms instructor and will keep doing that in NH.

I'm also an amateur radio operator but until I get a wire up in the trees in NH and a good grounding system, I'm only running VHF/UHF.

--------------
Regards,
Len Segal
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
MSP BFS & LEOSA Certified Instructor
Law of Self Defense Instructor Program Graduate
Comm2A Member
GOAL - Sustaining, NRA - Life
SAF - Life, DVC
http://2atraining.weebly.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Ferguson
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 18:26
To: main@uniden.groups.io
Subject: [Uniden] Bios?

Apparently “disappearing ink” has made I come back? Sent this email earlier using the wrong email address and it got sent back. I simply copied and pasted it into a new email, but it apparently didn’t work as planned, so here it is again

It’s fascinating to read the different posts when different people get into an in-depth discussion on different topics and subjects, but we don’t know who you are or where your from or your background, well, at least some of us. Would it be possible to include a small amount of bio info to help use better understand each other, especially during this “shelter in place” times?

Being a retired teacher/school admin in southern Illinois, I’ve had a scanner going back to the early ’70’s with a ten channel Bearcat and only one crystal to start with. Used to have it in my ’62 VW Bug which was interesting since it was only 6-volts.

Just an idea, but am thrilled we don’t have some of the complex systems you guys discuss (and cuss), and other than one local county and the ISP, no one else has gone digital.

Tim

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Join main@Uniden.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.