Re: Bios?

Patrick Gauen

I was a longtime police reporter and editor for two major daily newspapers in St, Louis and lived on the Illinois side of that metro area. I retired in 2017 as public safety editor of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. My first radio, circa 1969, was a tunable RS Patrolman Pro2. It was quickly replaced by a long series of scanners, starting with an 8-channel Regency high/low. I made the transitions from VHF low to high to
UHF to trunked to digital to encrypted.

Patrick Gauen

On May 18, 2020, at 18:24, Tim Ferguson <tferg53@...> wrote:

Apparently “disappearing ink” has made I come back? Sent this email earlier using the wrong email address and it got sent back. I simply copied and pasted it into a new email, but it apparently didn’t work as planned, so here it is again

It’s fascinating to read the different posts when different people get into an in-depth discussion on different topics and subjects, but we don’t know who you are or where your from or your background, well, at least some of us. Would it be possible to include a small amount of bio info to help use better understand each other, especially during this “shelter in place” times?

Being a retired teacher/school admin in southern Illinois, I’ve had a scanner going back to the early ’70’s with a ten channel Bearcat and only one crystal to start with. Used to have it in my ’62 VW Bug which was interesting since it was only 6-volts.

Just an idea, but am thrilled we don’t have some of the complex systems you guys discuss (and cuss), and other than one local county and the ISP, no one else has gone digital.

Tim