From: main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe M.
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:36 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] SDS100 Upgrades?

Encryption is ruining it here too.

My point was that P25, or P25 Phase II, or digital didn't ruin it.

Joe M.

On 5/14/2020 3:29 PM, Joe Polcari wrote:
Lucky you.

I live in FL and encryption absolutely ruined my hobby.

*From: *<main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of "Joe M." <mch@...>
*Date: *Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 3:24 PM
*To: *<main@Uniden.groups.io>

You could say P25 "ruined it", or digital "ruined it", or

narrowbanding "ruined it". Any required newer scanners.

Yes, encryption will ruin it for everyone since upgrades are not legal.

P25 Phase II did not ruin it for me. I purchased a P25 Phase II capable

scanner and continue to monitor those areas.

Joe M.

On 5/14/2020 2:50 PM, don robinson via groups.io wrote:

But, for us little guys, it meant replacing our analog

trunking scanners with digital trunking scanners- not cheap either.

Phase II ruined it for some of us. Encryption will ruin it for all
of us.