Re: SDS100 Upgrades?

Joe M.

If they are in the RR database, yes.

Joe M.

On 5/11/2020 6:44 PM, harvey morse wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen: Your responses have been extremely informative yet nobody has answered my one primary question-

If I purchase all of the available upgrades for the SDS100, and I enter a zip code to monitor it, will the agencies added by the DMR, NXDN and Provoice, IF EXISTENT IN MY AREA, will be received without any further programming on my part when the zip code is scanned?

Thanks,

K1DJG

CONFIDENTIAL, PRIVATE & PRIVILEGED.
PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE
OR FORWARD WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION.

On May 11, 2020, at 4:51 PM, Jim Walls via groups.io <jim@...> wrote:

I'm not the one who was asking about doing the updates. I also bought my SDS100 without any of the upgrades. There is no ProVoice around here, and although there is LOTS of DMR, there is not really any that I care to listen to. I will likely add NXDN somewhere down the road when more railroad moves to NXDN - what I ride to work is still all analog.
I bought my SDS100 for P25 phase 2 primarily.

Jim Walls
K6CCC

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 13:42
To: main@uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] SDS100 Upgrades?

So wait until you get home. I mean, you can't do the upgrade anyway
unless you're sitting with the scanner..

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 1:39 PM Jim Walls <jim@...> wrote:

I could not do that here because Uniden will not even give you a price without the serial number of the scanner you want to update - and it's at home, and I'm not.

Jim

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 13:32
To: main@uniden.groups.io

Why go to a vendor? They're making a profit from you. Go to Uniden direct.

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 1:25 PM Jim Walls <jim@...> wrote:

Guess again. I just checked about a half dozen vendors for the SDS100 and all that I checked except one were charging $75.00 for each upgrade. I did find one that had different prices: $99.99 for DMR, $79.99 for ProVoice, and $69.99 for NXDN.

Jim Walls
K6CCC

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 11:15
To: main@Uniden.groups.io

Unless there has been a price increase on the upgrades, they are a bit less than $75 each and not the same price. One is $60, another is $50, another is $49.xx (.95 or .99, something like that). Not sure which is which as far as price. It’s been a while. The SDS100 is a great radio for digital stuff, especially if you have it set up with GPS. I’ve had my for two years.

From: main@Uniden.groups.io [mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io] On Behalf Of harvey morse
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 2:02 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io

I just ordered an SDS100, without the optional DMR and two other optional upgrades due to their expense of $75 each. Am I making a mistake? I am not a “programmer” or “techie” user. I just

monitor the local agencies in my community as I am part of our Emergency Management Team. Thanks,

K1DJG

Join main@Uniden.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.