Old Bearcat Works Better

Tim Ferguson

I’m rather perplexed and am hoping for some assistance from those who truly understand scanning today. I live in a city located at the corner of four counties which I have programmed into my 436HP, 536HP, and SDS100. Yet, and this is the issue, I can receive fire calls from neighboring Clinton County on 151.415 on my 1990’s Uniden Bearcat BC200XLT handheld with just a short antenna but cannot receive the same on any of the above scanners programmed using the RR database. The appropriate Service Types have been enabled, and the two 536HP’s are connected to outside antennas on a 40-foot TV tower.

For reference, referring to USA>Illinois>Clinton>County Systems>Clinton>Clinton County-ETSB/911 in Radio Reference.

Thanks,
Tim