Re: Uniden SDS100 and SDS200

azpowells

 Wow Rick never explored sending Sentinel loads via E mail. Going to have to check this out. Thanks for the tip.

 Wayne Powell

On 4/20/2020 1:00 PM, Rick Bates, NK7I wrote:

I would start by finding someone local to you, then asking them for programming help.  One of the beauties of the Sentinel software, is that one can share programming loads via email.  It may be as simple as loading their programming.

That help may also be able to advise you, in person, in learning how to take care of it yourself.

Rick

On 4/20/2020 12:01 PM, barbara speir wrote:
I would GLADLY pay someone because I am not tech savvy and I am not getting full use of either of my scanners

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 1:58 PM, JD
Why pay someone to program your scanner when that is the best way for you to familiarize yourself with it and learn how to navigate the systems and learn how to operate it? Seems difficult at first but like anything else you will learn it eventually. Then you will be able to streamline your programming efficiently and know how to navigate your FLs for maximum effect. I would never pay for anyone to program my scanners. Best way to learn them. I am old school (in my 60s) and knuckled down and learned the ins and outs of Sentinel and I am forever glad that I did. I own an SDS100 and a 200 and they are fantastic scanners. When I got my SDS100 I was stumped, like a hog staring at a stopwatch lol...but persistence and tenacity and patience was the key and now I am very proficient with both scanners. Do yourself a big favor and knuckle down and learn how to program your scanner yourself. You will  thank yourself later! Above all, have fun with it!

JD
kf4anc

On Monday, April 20, 2020, 12:47:53 PM EDT, Don Safer <dlsafer@...> wrote:

While I worked at Ham Radio Outlet, 2015 - 2018, we would "pre program" 436 and 536 for a fee.

Don
KC6IPO