Re: bcd436hp

Rick NK7I

And CHP will stay there to cover all the areas they have to cover.  It would be prohibitive (WAAAAAY too many sites to buy) to move to another band.  They still use 70 MHz the last time I looked too.

Rick NK7I

On 4/20/2020 2:25 PM, Joe M. wrote:
Are you perhaps referring to OCD? This was not "Orange County Dispatch" as many people believed, but was "Operations Control Dispatch" from LA.
They were on many 33 MHz frequencies.

CHP is still on 42 MHz last I heard.

Joe M.

On 4/20/2020 4:48 PM, penncent@... wrote:
Rick Darnall:

Back in the late 80s and 90s I used to hear Orange County Fire on VHF
Low Band all the way over here in Ohio when band conditions were up and
the signal was skipping. So neat to hear. Can’t remember the frequency
for sure but it might have been 33.82 or 33.76. Nostalgia indeed. I miss
Low Band.