Re: Uniden SDS100 and SDS200

barbara speir

I would GLADLY pay someone because I am not tech savvy and I am not getting full use of either of my scanners

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 1:58 PM, JD
<kf4anc@...> wrote:
Why pay someone to program your scanner when that is the best way for you to familiarize yourself with it and learn how to navigate the systems and learn how to operate it? Seems difficult at first but like anything else you will learn it eventually. Then you will be able to streamline your programming efficiently and know how to navigate your FLs for maximum effect. I would never pay for anyone to program my scanners. Best way to learn them. I am old school (in my 60s) and knuckled down and learned the ins and outs of Sentinel and I am forever glad that I did. I own an SDS100 and a 200 and they are fantastic scanners. When I got my SDS100 I was stumped, like a hog staring at a stopwatch lol...but persistence and tenacity and patience was the key and now I am very proficient with both scanners. Do yourself a big favor and knuckle down and learn how to program your scanner yourself. You will  thank yourself later! Above all, have fun with it!

JD
kf4anc

On Monday, April 20, 2020, 12:47:53 PM EDT, Don Safer <dlsafer@...> wrote:

While I worked at Ham Radio Outlet, 2015 - 2018, we would "pre program" 436 and 536 for a fee.

Don
KC6IPO
==========================

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Rick Bates, NK7I" <Rick.NK7I@...>
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Uniden SDS100 and SDS200
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 07:39:36 -0700

Fred,

Uniden won't program it, but sales shops might for a fee.

All you have to know is the type of service that you want to hear and the zip code you're in, then set a range (in miles) and you'll hear a lot.

And if it plays too much or not enough of the right thing, you'd have to ship it off for weeks and spend still more money.  It's time to learn something new.

You can make a list of the specifics of what you want to hear and remove what you don't.  Using the programming software (which updates and uses a complete database), it's not that hard.  Create a list of what you want, push it into the scanner, listen.

You can run multiple lists at the same time (Hometown Fire, Hometown LE, Local Trains etc.).  If that's still too much, there are ways to quickly add/delete what you hear (without removing the lists).

I have a 'Winter load' list (road dept for plowboys, LE, Fire) then a "Summer Load" (the same plus forestry and a LOT of other fire season stuff) and with a few button pushes, can change them.  To those, I can add other lists (next state over, more counties away) with button pushes.  Start slow, build on your new knowledge.

The group is here to assist you in understanding.

Rick NK7I

On 4/19/2020 7:45 PM, Fred Miller wrote:
If I were to buy one of these scanners, should I have Uniden program it? What do you think of their "Expert Programming Team"?