From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of Joe M. <mch@...>
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 3:00 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Uniden] bcd436hp

I don't recall Motorola or GE ever supplying SW on 8" floppies.
Somewhere around I have some 12" (I think) floppies - maybe larger.
I recall Motorola having 5/25", then 3", then CDs.

Ahhh yes. The BC101. That was the 5th generation.
Many people don't realize that 101 was binary for V (5).

Bearcat, Bearcat II, BC-III, BC-IV, BC-101. (The Electra days)

I believe I still have at least one of each of the above.

Then they jumped from 5 to 210 then started appending letters. :-\

My favorite of the era? BC300. The BC100 (no letters) was a close second
- a portable scanner that needed no crystals! And 16 channels? WOW! (or
was it 10 channels?)

Joe M.