Re: SDS200 cable driver- USB?

Joe M.

The fact that your Windows PCs are having trouble installing a simple flash drive driver implies there are issues with the installation.

Go into Device Manager, remove whatever drivers are installed, then unplug the scanner, wait 8 seconds, plug it in again and hope the PC will install the correct drivers. If it cannot there is an issue with that PC or the Windows installation. Make sure Windows is up to date.

There is nothing unique about the scanner driver.
It appears to be a simple flash drive to the PC.

Joe M.

On 4/10/2020 9:29 PM, Steve Garwood wrote:
Bernie,

I first tried Windows 7, I was able to download and run the driver on the Uniden website, might have been the ScannerMaster site. This finally worked, but I was unable to see the micro SD card. I switched to a Windows 10 laptop... still had to manually download the driver. Still not able to see the micro SD card. Both were Panasonic Toughbooks.

Switched to a ruggedized Dell Windows 7 laptop... again had to download the driver, as the automatic process didn’t find anything. With the Dell, I was able to see the the micro SD and run through the firmware and database up processes. Don’t know why it has been so difficult.

And thanks to all that got me headed in the right direction!

Steve
On Apr 10, 2020, at 08:13, Bernard Skoch via groups.io <k5xs@...> wrote:

Steve,

What version of Windows are you running?

Bernie

On Apr 10, 2020, at 00:42, Byron Myers via groups.io <emtd99@...> wrote:

It looks like there isn’t any driver software for it. I checked Scanner master website , they have the cable , but without a cd . I believe if it did have driver included it would be sold with it. It most likely is preloaded on windows
On Apr 9, 2020, at 19:22, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
It should be in just about any version of
Windows. It's a standard flash drive driver.

If it's not showing properly in Device Manager remove the
device and then unplug/plug and let Windows install it again.

Joe M.

On 4/9/2020 6:54 PM, Steve Garwood wrote:
Can anyone give me any information as to getting ahold of a software driver for the SDS200 cable driver software? Not having luck so far.

Thanks!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus