Re: SDS100?

azpowells

Congrats Maggie. I retired from LADWP many moons ago. Good luck.

 Wayne

On 2/23/2020 12:24 PM, (Maggie/Tom O’Connor) wrote:
Good job!  You deserve it!!!

From: Jim Walls
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Uniden] SDS100?

Now you guys have done it.  With all this talk about the SDS100, I ordered one last night.  I have wanted a Phase 2 scanner for a while in large part because the Southern California Edison trunked system went Phase 2 when they converted to digital a few years back.  I am a SCE customer, so there is an interest in listening (particularly when the power goes out), but I worked for SCE for 24 years and ran their trunked system for a decade.  I miss not being able to listen.  Had yet another reason to listen to them last night, and I've had a bunch of overtime, so pulled the plug and ordered a SDS100.  There are an increasing number of trunked systems that are going phase 2 around here, so that gives more use.  I will likely add NXDN somewhere down the road as more of the railroad traffic moved to that mode (the stuff I normally monitor is still analog - for now).