Re: Antenna for my minivan

LYLE M

By installing the antenna mount on the roof, or fender of the vehicle, the "ground plane" is the roof or fender (metal). Even a magnetic mount, to the metal object, acts as the ground plane.

On Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:01:43 AM CST, Craig Scott via Groups.Io <dredmlm@...> wrote:

Doesn't the metal bar the antennas are mounted to provide a ground plane?
Craig

On Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:46:58 AM EST, Teton Amateur Radio Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

Not really a very good install since there isn't any of the required ground plane for the antennas. If you really wanted a good antenna to work, you would need the ground plane which would be provided by the roof of the truck.

Mick

----- Original Message -----
To: main@Uniden.groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 09:22:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Antenna for my minivan

> Nice install!  Much nicer than to drill holes in the cab roof!Craig
>
> On Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:19:10 AM EST, ja moran via Groups.Io wrote:
>
> I bought the antennas I have on my truck from TALLEY COMMUNICATIONS   they have many different antennas and  gadgets in their online catalog.  You can get multiband antennas or use several in an array.  If you remember the rooftop television antennas,  that's what they did there, each bar was cut for a specific channel or frequency range.
> I also ordered a PA system and PA speaker.  I've mounted the speaker in front of the radiator but behind the grille. I use it to tell people "your vehicle needs service your turn signals are not functional"   or "DANGER WILL ROBINSON"    I"ve also said "where did you learn how to drive...
> was getting gas and a guy was there  with has car doors open and music playing loudly.  I found the William Tell Overature and sent that out the PA Speaker...  the guy hurried up and left
>
>
> technology is nice when it works! ---         Engineers SOLVE PROBLEMS..Unix: Solaris AIX  HP-HPUx Linux  Analon/FREGGS FARMS grapes, eggs,birds  602-909-5280
>
>
> On Friday, February 21, 2020, 08:06:47 AM MST, Israel Kofi Banini wrote:
>
> Can anyone direct me where to get antenna for my minivan?
>
>
>
>
--

Join main@Uniden.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.