Of course, depending on the strength of
the signals this may not be an issue.

Joe M.

On 2/21/2020 11:55 AM, Craig Scott via Groups.Io wrote:
Doesn't the metal bar the antennas are mounted to provide a ground plane?
Craig

On Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:46:58 AM EST, Teton Amateur Radio
Repeater Association (TARRA) <tarra@...> wrote:

Not really a very good install since there isn't any of the required
ground plane for the antennas. If you really wanted a good antenna to
work, you would need the ground plane which would be provided by the
roof of the truck.

Mick

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Scott via Groups.Io"
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <mailto:main@Uniden.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 09:22:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Antenna for my minivan

> Nice install! Much nicer than to drill holes in the cab roof!Craig
>
> On Friday, February 21, 2020, 11:19:10 AM EST, ja moran via Groups.Io
wrote:

> I bought the antennas I have on my truck from TALLEY COMMUNICATIONS
they have many different antennas and gadgets in their online
catalog. You can get multiband antennas or use several in an array. If
you remember the rooftop television antennas, that's what they did
there, each bar was cut for a specific channel or frequency range.
> I also ordered a PA system and PA speaker. I've mounted the speaker
in front of the radiator but behind the grille. I use it to tell people
"your vehicle needs service your turn signals are not functional" or
"DANGER WILL ROBINSON" I"ve also said "where did you learn how to
drive...
> was getting gas and a guy was there with has car doors open and
music playing loudly. I found the William Tell Overature and sent that
out the PA Speaker... the guy hurried up and left

> technology is nice when it works! --- Engineers SOLVE
PROBLEMS..Unix: Solaris AIX HP-HPUx Linux Analon/FREGGS FARMS grapes,
eggs,birds 602-909-5280