Re: Charhing Disabled

Joel Kahn

Jim:
If you can, use a Maha type charger to refresh the batteries. It sounds like one (or more) batteries have gone bad.  The charger will tell you if there is a short in one.

You should always charge the batteries with an external charger anyway, so you don't have a problem and melt the radio if one explodes.

Joel R Kahn

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 03:05:23 AM EST, bartenderjim via Groups.Io <bartenderjim2002@...> wrote:

Hi to the group,
My HP1 just started displaying "Charging Disabled" after a few minutes of beginning to charge. I have had this unit since it was new. I did lose the original wall wart but ordered a replacement from Uniden site. It is exactly the same unit verified with Uniden name and PS-0039 on the wall wart. I admit that I hadn't used it in over a year due to family things going on. When it asks me if I want to start charging I tap yes. After about 10 minutes it gives me the notification of charging disabled. If I unplug the wall wart I get batteries low please charge.
Any advice???
Thanks in advance
JamesM.
KJ6FXA