Re: show your mobile antenna array

Mark Lassman

Come on, this is a joke, right? You’re putting us on, yes? Installations like this would never work in CA. Can’t have all that stuff on top of the dash. No matter how it’s installed. Aren’t you worried about heat damage during the summer? What about all that stuff just being visible to anyone walking by? You’re not worried about theft? Personally, I prefer nice, clean installs and this looks anything but that. Too many visible wires and cables for my tastes. I tried Velcro when I had a TM-741 to attach the control head to my center console cover. But our summer heat kept causing the adhesive on the back of the Velcro strip to come loose. I got tired the head falling off all the time during the summer heat.

Seriously, though, if it works for you, then more power to you! You’re not married, are you? I can’t see any wife putting up with all of this. Where would she sit? Or, maybe that’s your plan!

It’s all good. We’re just having fun with you.

On Jan 1, 2020, at 7:58 PM, KA9QJG <KA9QJG@...> wrote:

Here are a view pictures of My Mobile installation   I will add a couple of Notes  The SDS-100  Fits into a  Mobile Mic holder  , Do not mount it close to the Vents the Heat and Cold will keep the battery from charging properly   Also I use a Motorola Amplified Speaker No hiss  because I can turn down the Viol on the SDS-100 Sounds great and loud

Wishing Everyone a Happy  , Safe and Healthy 2020  Happy Scanning
Don KA9QJG

Not sure the pics will show until I post  the 4 ant in the middle are for Direction Finding

PS  And Yes I should know better than to mount Equipment on the dash like  this in case of an accident. It is secured with very heavy industrial type Velcro..

<image001.png>

<image002.png>

<image003.png>