Re: show your mobile antenna array

Michael WA7SKG

A headache rack also makes a good antenna mounting solution on a pickup.

Michael WA7SKG

ja moran via Groups.Io wrote on 12/31/19 3:16 PM:

here is the antenna array on my Ford F-150   To avoid drilling holes in the cab roof,  I created a platform or rail behind the cab that I punched 3/4 holes for each of the NMO mounts.    all the wires go over to the passenger side and go under the truck where the wires loop incase the truck bed needs to be raised for service, then enter the truck.  I put some tape over the wires where they enter below the rear passenger side back door.
I also ran an 10 gauge wire from the battery to a master switch then to a fuse block where every radio or accessory (dash cam, backup cam, front camera, PA amplifier,  radar detector  and several radios)
the PA amplifier is to let people know their vehicle needs service when their turn signals are not working.
JOHN