Re: Antenna Recommendation

ja moran <analon1@...>

I get antennas from Talley Communications great service 
you can get the NMO mounts with a magnetic base 

what I did was maxe an inverted U using 3 pieces of aluminum angle irons 1/8 inch thick.  I screwed one section to the left and righ side of the truck and pan he other section between the uprights.  In or 7the section that is parallel to the truck, I drilled the 3/4 holes amd mounted the NMO antennas....   If you get antennas with a spring or that flex a litle it makes it easier to go through drivethrough or into garages or park under canopies.

I have 6 antennas along the back of the truck.  Different antennas for different wavelengths.  I also have several radios

most of the services I monitor are on 460mhz or 750/850mhz   the 460 mhz antenna works for both

150 300 450 600 750 900  for these he same antenna works well 

technology is nice when it works! ---         Engineers SOLVE PROBLEMS....Unix: Solaris AIX  HP-HPUx Linux  +++;analon/FREGGS farms too 602-909-5280

On Friday, November 22, 2019, 02:40:21 AM MST, Shawn Benoit <shawnbenoit@...> wrote:

The Austin Spectra is good. 

I used it with a triplexer and a several mobiles without issue. The lownband radiator has to be trimmed. In my case I ended to use 46.18/22 often so I trimmed it for 46.2. The top whip was only 5" and the overall antenna we about 36". Works well but it's not very flexible. 

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 02:23 Chris Sayles <csayles@...> wrote:
Any suggestions on a low band vhf / 800mhz scanner antenna??

Chris

> On Nov 21, 2019, at 2:42 AM, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:
>
> Tram 1091-BNC Scanner Trunk/Hole Mount Antenna Kit with BNC-Male Connector
>
>    Free Ranges: 150mhz-174mhz VHF, 440mhz-490mhz UHF, 800mhz-1, 000MHz
>    18" Tall black-finish stainless steel Nmo mounting antenna with Gold plunger-type contact pin
>    Solid brass Nmo mount with gold-plated antenna contact pin & high-frequency fully enclosed, fully shielded, fully weatherized Zinc die-cast housing
>
>
> I've used a number of these. From Amazon, around $30. It comes with a right angle mount you can use around a hood or trunk lid.
>
> I have also used generic UHF center loaded antennas where I needed VHF-Lo, VHF-Hi, and UHF coverage. But that was years ago. Haven't needed VHF-Lo for some time and it doesn't work that well for 800.
>
> HTH,
> Michael
>
>
> Tim Ferguson wrote on 11/20/19 5:54 PM:
>> Any suggestions on a mobile antenna for a minivan to use with an SDS100?  Just traded the pick up for a Pacifica.  Had a high band antenna put on the truck that helped tremendously.
>> Thanks,
>> Tim
>
>
>

Join main@Uniden.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.