Re: Antenna Recommendation

ja moran <analon1@...>

I get antennas from Talley Communications great service
you can get the NMO mounts with a magnetic base

what I did was maxe an inverted U using 3 pieces of aluminum angle irons 1/8 inch thick.  I screwed one section to the left and righ side of the truck and pan he other section between the uprights.  In or 7the section that is parallel to the truck, I drilled the 3/4 holes amd mounted the NMO antennas....   If you get antennas with a spring or that flex a litle it makes it easier to go through drivethrough or into garages or park under canopies.

I have 6 antennas along the back of the truck.  Different antennas for different wavelengths.  I also have several radios

most of the services I monitor are on 460mhz or 750/850mhz   the 460 mhz antenna works for both

150 300 450 600 750 900  for these he same antenna works well

technology is nice when it works! ---         Engineers SOLVE PROBLEMS....Unix: Solaris AIX  HP-HPUx Linux  +++;analon/FREGGS farms too 602-909-5280

On Friday, November 22, 2019, 02:40:21 AM MST, Shawn Benoit <shawnbenoit@...> wrote:

The Austin Spectra is good.

I used it with a triplexer and a several mobiles without issue. The lownband radiator has to be trimmed. In my case I ended to use 46.18/22 often so I trimmed it for 46.2. The top whip was only 5" and the overall antenna we about 36". Works well but it's not very flexible.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 02:23 Chris Sayles <csayles@...> wrote:
Any suggestions on a low band vhf / 800mhz scanner antenna??

Chris