Re: Antenna Recommendation

Michael WA7SKG

Tram 1091-BNC Scanner Trunk/Hole Mount Antenna Kit with BNC-Male Connector

Free Ranges: 150mhz-174mhz VHF, 440mhz-490mhz UHF, 800mhz-1, 000MHz
18" Tall black-finish stainless steel Nmo mounting antenna with Gold plunger-type contact pin
Solid brass Nmo mount with gold-plated antenna contact pin & high-frequency fully enclosed, fully shielded, fully weatherized Zinc die-cast housing

I've used a number of these. From Amazon, around $30. It comes with a right angle mount you can use around a hood or trunk lid.

I have also used generic UHF center loaded antennas where I needed VHF-Lo, VHF-Hi, and UHF coverage. But that was years ago. Haven't needed VHF-Lo for some time and it doesn't work that well for 800.

HTH,
Michael

Tim Ferguson wrote on 11/20/19 5:54 PM:

Any suggestions on a mobile antenna for a minivan to use with an SDS100? Just traded the pick up for a Pacifica. Had a high band antenna put on the truck that helped tremendously.
Thanks,
Tim