Re: crypto comm

Joe M.

You're fortunate. I can name three offhand that were all chiefs within a 10 mile radius. One was busted for breaking and entering, one for illegal gun sales, and one for illegal contact with a minor (which was actually a sting operation). Another (also a chief) was reportedly fired for abuse of a subordinate.

The third of those four still holds a LEO position in another municipality (as does the fourth, but no charges were brought in that case AFAIK).

In that 10 mile radius there are about 10 chiefs, so that is a 40% rate.
Not exactly a very small minority.

I also know of another LEO who has had recent charges (multiple including assault) brought in that same area. He replaced another person who had a complaint filed against him for reportedly pulling a gun on a motorist in a road rage incident.

Joe M.

On 11/11/2019 8:48 PM, Rich wrote:
agree. over a near 30-yr career i've known and worked with literally
hundreds of officers. a few were lazy, some were goofy but none were
criminal or people i wouldn't want living next door. it's unfortunate
that the very, very small minority of officers have caused some on this
list to become jaded and disillusioned.

Rich via iPad

On Nov 11, 2019, at 19:26, Don Curtis <Don.Curtis@att.net
<mailto:Don.Curtis@att.net>> wrote:

Having been in the profession for 26 years, mine is an educated
guess. I am talking criminal conduct bad... doubt there is even
close to 10,000 of them.

On November 11, 2019 6:14:18 PM "David O'Banion via Groups.Io"
<spacemissing=yahoo.com@groups.io
<mailto:spacemissing=yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

Probably closer to 30,000, if not more --- but that's just a guess.

David
KJ6QKV

On Sunday, November 10, 2019, 03:44:58 PM PST, Don Curtis
<don.curtis@att.net <mailto:don.curtis@att.net>> wrote:

Of course there are bad cops, and I guarantee you won't catch them by
listening to dispatch.

There's bad people in every group. I would bet as a percentage, the
police are way towards the bottom compared to other groups.

There are close to 1 million sworn police officers in the US. 1% of
1 million is 10,000 and I seriously doubt there are 10,000 law
breaking cops out there.

Just saying...