Re: crypto comm

don robinson

Neither.

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 06:09:29 PM PST, Don Curtis <don.curtis@...> wrote:

Chicago or Camden, NJ... Or perhaps Washington DC

On November 11, 2019 6:41:24 PM "don robinson via Groups.Io" <don_551@...> wrote:

That's also why my city's PD has been under federal purview for several years running. They were dirty, covered up for each other and they got caught time after time.

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 05:15:13 PM PST, Shawn Benoit <shawnbenoit@...> wrote:

Supervise what? How can you adequate supervise something if you are not trained in it? Are you a certified police officer? Sounds like delusions of gradnuer to me.

This is why we have Police Commissions, Chiefs of Police, Sheriffs, Colonel, Superintendents, etc.

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:26 PM William Barrett, KW1B <wbarrett@...> wrote:
I believe that citizens have the right and the responsibility to supervise
at a certain level.  Fully encrypted police comms are not accessaable,
while most are quite routine and do NOT require a high degree of
secrecy.

In those few special other cases, there are methods of COMSEC
well-known to police and military communications people.  Simply
encryping everything is lazy and can lead to Secret Police Mindset.
Not something most people would favor.

Routine ops need to be in the clear.

   73
   bb