Re: Some Help...

Marty Toomajian

Thanks.  I knew that but was curious if one of two things happened.  If either Rensselaer county had moved on to a different system or if there were scanners made that could deal with the old system.  Nice to know the county can be monitored.  Thank you to all who answered.

I'm sorry I can't make the 18 hour trip to the next meeting. I'm sure it would interest me to see the latest radios. Nancini's was fun in 81.

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019, 10:43 AM don robinson via Groups.Io <don_551=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sadly, the 246 cannot monitor P25. You need a digital scanner.

On Saturday, November 2, 2019, 07:28:33 AM PDT, Martin Dea <martyd59@...> wrote:

From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of don robinson via Groups.Io <don_551=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:07:53 PM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Uniden] Some Help...

I currently monitor P25 phase1 with my BCD396xlt  (trunk tracker IV). It works fine except when a talkgroup is encriypted. Richmond and Berkeley, Ca have a couple of encrypted talkgroups. Oakland does not.

On Thursday, October 31, 2019, 02:19:20 PM PDT, Marty Toomajian <mtoomaj@...> wrote:

I have one of those that I no longer use.  It was relatively easy to program if I remember correctly.  I live in Rensselaer County not far from Western Massachusetts.  The county sheriff's department used a very annoying trunked system that the 246T and all others of its time could not handle.

It is currently listed by Radio Reference as Project 25 Phase 1, APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive.  Can newer radios track this?

My only currently used radio is an old Icom handheld that I tune to the county fire dispatch frequency.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019, 4:33 PM Lisa Andre <landre1020@...> wrote:
Found it.  Uniden TrunkTracker III. BC246T

Lisa.