Re: PL Frequency?

Gerry Santo

I had a situation where the scanner came in handy when I was a cop on the graveyard shift. I heard a sergeant from the department next to ours call in that he was going to do a bar check at a dive right on the city border. I "drifted" in that direction, because the bar had a not-so-good reputation. Anyway, sure enough, the sergeant calls for assistance. I got there in a minute and helped him wrestle a large, drunk biker-type into cuffs. 5 minutes later, the first of his guys showed up.
And scanners are a problem? I call BS on that.