From: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io> on behalf of mmiskottawa <mmisk@...>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2019 11:52:29 AM
To: main@Uniden.groups.io <main@Uniden.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Uniden] crypto comm

I feel the same had many good years of listening.
You know, I could listen to anything in those days, and I just listened for enjoyment and my interest in communications.  Didn't divulge anything, did not cause anyone any trouble. Kept it to myself.
Would never in a million years stream it to the public. That is just shooting oneself in the foot.
Most of what I heard was in the public domain anyway, (court records etc)
If I was listening in public I used headphones and it looked like I was listening to music. Would try to keep the scanner out of site.
Then when MDT's came into use there was much less private information given out.  Next, in car computers, cellphones, so even less on the radio.

Anyway, I am grateful for those years, not complaining.

Mike

From: "William Barrett, KW1B" <wbarrett@...>

Date: 11/9/19 5:23 PM (GMT-05:00)

Subject: [Uniden] crypto comm

I believe that citizens have the right and the responsibility to supervise

at a certain level.  Fully encrypted police comms are not accessaable,

while most are quite routine and do NOT require a high degree of

secrecy.

In those few special other cases, there are methods of COMSEC

well-known to police and military communications people.  Simply

encryping everything is lazy and can lead to Secret Police Mindset.

Not something most people would favor.

Routine ops need to be in the clear.

   73

   bb